When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tom Selleck's still got it!

By-Tor

That could conceivably be the same watch.

It could indeed.

I loved how they were so meticulous in ageing the watch in that episode, from his father wearing it and being given to/worn by Magnum as a kid at the funeral....

picture13m.png

To Magnum wearing it as an adult...notice the bezel insert ageing.

picture15ck.png

Such attention to detail. All let down by the small inconvenient fact that the 1675 did not exist at the time of the story (Korean War) :whistling:

As for Tom Selleck, age has not been kind these last few years has it? The Simon Cowell old man waistline is bad enough, but that goatee (I believe the term "prison pussy" applies :shock: ) is a step too far. His 'tache is legendary, either on or off, not this in between abomination.

@docblackrock - nice details....

Add to the nicknames of Pepsi GMTs:

The Selleck

The Magnum

The Pussy Galore (Pussy wore one in GoldFinger, and is a common nickname, although that was a 6542 IIRC)

So we've had an A-Team movie, Hawaii 5 - 0 is coming back to TV. My question is: when are we going to see a Magnum P.I. Movie? Mr. Selleck was really good in the movie "The Killers" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've heard rumors that they're thinking about doing one, with Matthew McConaughey as Magnum...

That would be absurd!

+1

As for the pepsi....that one is engrained in my mind forever as THE Magnum time piece....from the episode when he was treading water out in the ocean forever waiting to be rescued. Could be the same episode mentioned above as I can't remember all of the detailes of the episode, just the watch. :)

I've heard rumors that they're thinking about doing one, with Matthew McConaughey as Magnum...

Just what the world needs. A chest-waxing, mumbling Magnum who spends the day surfing, playing the bongos, and smoking pot with Higgins. I bet he wears a Toywatch GMT!

That would be absurd!

Any less absurd than Liam Neeson :blink: playing Hannibal in a remake of The A-Team?! :shocking:

Matthew Mc-whatsisname is a terrible actor, really terrible, so I pray that's just a rumour. They'd probably get *kill me now, please* Ricky Gervais to play Higgins (he was English folks, not Chinese, so not sure where Jackie Chan comes in).

Regardless I wish those money-grabbing oxygen thieves in Hollywood would, just for once, leave our classic (often childhood) TV memories intact instead of urinating all over them. Case in point: Miami Vice.

Krpster - yes same episode, Magnum knocked off his jet ski, waiting hours to be rescued exhausted fearing death and hallucinating a little in the sun, thinking back to his childhood....father teaching him to swim, timing him underwater with the GMT and asking him to look after it whilst Magnum Sr went off to the Korean War and got himself killed. The most poignant scene of the lot at the end...

picture22s.png