When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner 2010?

hooky

Hi Guys,

tried to search on the forum, but could not really find something.

Does anyone know when a good version of the Submariner 2010 will be released as a rep? Or what are the current best versions available?

Thanks!

The biggest flaw to the current versions of the Submariner 116610 is the polished mid links. This can be fixed by brushing them (the mid links). Lume on these models should be blue, if I'm not mistaken. Case and bezel/insert are OK.

Can't help you on who has the best model. Check the dealer section and start asking the dealers. I'd figure these models all come from 1 or 2 factories, just my educated guess!

The biggest flaw to the current versions of the Submariner 116610 is the polished mid links. This can be fixed by brushing them (the mid links). Lume on these models should be blue, if I'm not mistaken. Case and bezel/insert are OK.

Can't help you on who has the best model. Check the dealer section and start asking the dealers. I'd figure these models all come from 1 or 2 factories, just my educated guess!

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how to brush the midlinks. Thank you.

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how to brush the midlinks. Thank you.

Take a green scotchbrite pad, and gently rub it along the bracelet until the polished links have the same brushed appearance as the outer links :) Just remember to only brush with the direction of the bracelet, not across it :)

It would be a good idea to take the braclet off the watch and also tape the brushed side links w/ some masking tape.

Thanks for the info! Is the brushed look more authentic? My sub has brushed on the sides and the middle is super polished.

Edited by Pfm67

The modern Noobfactory Rolexes all have a big flaw: The ROLEXROLEXROLEX engraving doesn't look even remotely correct and it's not properly aligned with the '9 hour marker.

Lots of peole say that it's not a big deal but for me it was... I don't know why they refuse to fix it... makes no sense. It's the same issue with all (otherwise nicely repped) Rolexes from this factory.

1-9.jpg

PS: I'm quite surprised how little interest this new 2010 Submariner has generated in the watch forums (rep and gen). Very few people seem to be excited about it.

PS: I'm quite surprised how little interest this new 2010 Submariner has generated in the watch forums (rep and gen). Very few people seem to be excited about it.

From just the photos it does not look very 'balanced', and looks targeted at a younger market who either isn't buying watches or are going full bling instead.

Funny thing-- my AD tried to tell me "they went bigger because Rolex customers were getting older and it is easier to read as their eyesight goes". :bicycle: Ummmm, yeah riiight.

Since I have a good rapport with them, I fired back in jest-- "it might be chunky enough to break their fall, so they don't break a hip."

Modded Bk is the best since.....you should contact him....

Hi Guys,

tried to search on the forum, but could not really find something.

Does anyone know when a good version of the Submariner 2010 will be released as a rep? Or what are the current best versions available?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I will see this watch as I received a letter from the UK Border Agency yesterday asking for details about the contents of the package. Not sure they have opened it so I sent a letter to them which they should receive today. I will not say what it contained just yet but if they decide to open it then I'm knackered for future rep deals at my address used!! :thumbdown:

I'm sitting in the same boat my friend. Can't get anything outside the EU without customs interference.

That's why it's good to have Precious Time shipping the goods from UK.

Whenever I got these letters I completely ignored them. In my country they'll keep the letter for 2 weeks and then ship it back to the sender's address. Could be the same principle in all EU countries.

There is no such thing as "no customs risk, guaranteed". The Netherlands customs might be very liberal or sloppy, but it's completely different elsewhere in EU. You can only speak from your OWN experiences. Consider yourself lucky.

During the 6 years I've been here I've heard of dozens of EU customs issues. Many have involved DHL, FedEx and other courier companies.

Not sure I will see this watch as I received a letter from the UK Border Agency yesterday asking for details about the contents of the package. Not sure they have opened it so I sent a letter to them which they should receive today. I will not say what it contained just yet but if they decide to open it then I'm knackered for future rep deals at my address used!! :thumbdown:

@ Watcher: what shipping method was used on your parcel? Fedex? DHL, or something else?

Yes, but only on the cyclops.

This is a major issue that has a solution but it would take some patience to go through the steps to fix it. I would love to come across another gen crystal for a 116710 I would snatch it.

Has it been mentioned that the gen of these new subs actually have AR?