When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mare Nostrum

Dani

it looks really good and the thing is the venus movement is quite similar to the original

20100708201828.jpg

20100708201342.jpg

Just wish it was a more practical size such a shame as its a great looking watch , nice strap as well

gen movement

Pam300-MareNostrum-det2.jpg

would be nice if Josh's site was easy to reference pics shame they couldn't of gone smaller with the 310

yes, this is a mega awesome pam.

it is a must in a very good sorted collection.

let's go for it.

rolli

Agree with you my friend. To me, the Mare Nostrum is so well designed that it transcends "design". It's just... so generic, so "boring" (in a very positive sense) that it distinguishes itself from all other watches. IMHO!

mg

EDIT: Needs a good-old blasting to fulfill its potential though, regardless of the gen!

Looking at the pic above and some other gen pics, I realised the gen dial the markers are cream white in color. The rep dial's markers seem to be yellowish like aged color. Anyway think I will not be bother by it for the moment. Yap would be keen see some pictures of this new watch man! Thanks in advance!

Everyone understands, there are only 99 gen homages in existence and only 4 originals. Very unlikely that anyone will ever see one, except for we rep wearers. We will be the flag-bearers for this watch and the gens will be judged by how close they are to our rep model. LOL

So don't worry, be happy!!

Everyone understands, there are only 99 gen homages in existence and only 4 originals. Very unlikely that anyone will ever see one, except for we rep wearers. We will be the flag-bearers for this watch and the gens will be judged by how close they are to our rep model. LOL

So don't worry, be happy!!

Love this watch. Can't wait to see it in person. Is it me, or is the two-layer dial a wee tad flat?

mg

I am awaiting mine which I ordered last week .

Hopefully it will be better than the pics on the site! They usually are. But apart from bezel and numerals, it appears in the pics there are also flaws in the Inscriptions on the dial colour and shape, the bezel shape on top, the hands, the shape of the case. It will be interesting to see the double AR on it especially as its a thin crystal, the gen is only 1.6mm. The movement is completely incorrect but is so busy (complicated) looking that it would take more than a cursory glance tospot it. The split dial and the crown also lack it.

Hopefully it will be in my hands soon.

As said before though, there was only ever 3 prototypes made in 1943 it never went into production. And this latest PAM 300 is on a 99 limited number release barring OORs and extended runs. The likliehood of bumping into someone that would recognise the flaws is unlikely