When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone watch CNBC investigation Counterfeits?

cubancurl

among the horrible things they are saying about counterfeit would, one that it profits terrorists organizations, they are saying alot of the products including bags carry high levels of LEAD.

Anyone watching? It's on now Eastern Time in USA 9pm channel CNBC.

Just ended. If you missed it, you did not miss anything.

And, as usual, most of the law enforcement personnel (especially Bruckner) appearing in the feature are wearing big, gold watches. How many honest cops can afford a gen $20k watch? So who's conning who?

'nuff said.

Expected.

I find it funny the bogus billions of dollars they claim are lost. I own a number of watches that I would never buy for the retail price of the gen. Just not worth it. So how do they actually get to those numbers.

The other thing is the "lost jobs" claims. Most of that stuff is done in China to cut costs. The only difference is that instead of sending the lion's share to corporate they pocket the money.

I'm really surprised those companies are not lobbying congress to use counterfeiting as a tax right off. At the end I doubt those companies are actually being hurt by any of this.

At the end I doubt those companies are actually being hurt by any of this.

Agreed 100%.

We have plenty of members here with very expensive gens. Many of them say that they would have never purchased the gens without having some rep experience first. The "gateway drug" is very true.

I have bought gens of all my favorite reps.

Where can I order these lead-lined bags? I need one for my plan to rid the world of Superman, once and for all!

Its not lead that keels em, its Special K. :p

Ne ways, the lead bags are useful for me to store my mecury laden reps. What? U think its really 316F? :whistling:

Counterfeits? Surey none of use buy counterfeits? We buy reps! :D

When you buy a copy of something cheap from China, that's purchasing a counterfeit. When your job gets moved to India because you're too expensive, that's your tough luck and the taxpayer has to support you.

When corporations get copies of their product manufactured cheap in China, or move jobs to India because it's cheaper (and get counterfeit work largely!), that's maximising profit.

It all depends on your point of view.

I was laughing when they were "warning" the public that buying counterfeit toys can be done with lead based paint. Aren't the real one also?? :)

The manufacturers use the same suppliers are the counterfeit folks. Interesting that if stamped by an established brand they magically get all better.

The manufacturers use the same suppliers are the counterfeit folks. Interesting that if stamped by an established brand they magically get all better.

Well, in this litigation-driven society it least it gives you someone to sue!

A picture speaks a thousand words-

IMG_4054-1.jpg

And I'm sure that is the finest solvent free rubber being used on that (what was) spiderman kids watch that sells for $1 here in the USA. Made in China out of kisses and hugs and hot chocolate.