When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep 7836 Bracelet Photo-Review

lhooq

From spring bar to spring bar, it's 6.125 inches. That's at the longest clasp setting and with all the links in place.

Drat. Just like the 7206. Thanks for taking the time to measure it.

I wonder if I could cobble in some links from another 7836 and add another inch? Or would it look nasty?

:Jumpy:

Drat. Just like the 7206. Thanks for taking the time to measure it.

I wonder if I could cobble in some links from another 7836 and add another inch? Or would it look nasty?

:Jumpy:

The clasps for both my Yuki 7206 and this WI 7836 are roughly 27mm, not including the tab on the end. You didn't ask that question, yet... somehow I know that you once did! :cc_arabia:

I would never attempt it myself, but any watchsmith who's been working on Rolexes for a while should know how to unfold a midlink in as few moves as possible. Keep the additional bits next to the clasp, and you'll never be bothered by the sight of a few slightly dimpled midlinks. If done competently, it won't be nasty at all.

I would never attempt it myself, but any watchsmith who's been working on Rolexes for a while should know how to unfold a midlink in as few moves as possible. Keep the additional bits next to the clasp, and you'll never be bothered by the sight of a few slightly dimpled midlinks. If done competently, it won't be nasty at all.

was that rolexs intention to size them by physically unfolding the links? or were they only selling to people with 8" wrists :p

was that rolexs intention to size them by physically unfolding the links?

The individual links in Rolex's riveted bracelets were designed to be sized by removing the rivets, adding/removing links as required, & then fitting new rivets. Since replacement rivets have not been available for many years, the only option, now, is to unfold the links for resizing. Rolex had a tool that performed the operation with minimal damage to the link, but I do not know which RSCs (if any) still have it nor have I ever run across an independent watchmaker who had 1.

No, sorry, but I wish I did. It is basically a jig that holds a few of the links stationary while 1 of the them is opened. Because of the tool's rarity & likelihood of link damage when manipulated with hand tools, these days, most watchmakers refuse to do anything with these types of bracelets other than adjusting the clasp.

No, sorry, but I wish I did. It is basically a jig that holds a few of the links stationary while 1 of the them is opened. Because of the tool's rarity & likelihood of link damage when manipulated with hand tools, these days, most watchmakers refuse to do anything with these types of bracelets other than adjusting the clasp.

So does it means that THIS bracelet can not be resized without unfolding the links ? Or Adjusting only the claps would be enough for a 7" wrist ?

• 1 month later...

just got this bracelet from Mary, sadly it doesnt fit 2mm bars for me. not all are created equal, looking at your pics it appears your bar loops arent as tightly folded as mine. so i dont think this thing is natively accepting of 2mm bars. already trashed one end link loop trying to enlarge it. which is what this hobby seems to be all about, destroying things in an attempt to get genuine parts to fit. :p on the plus side its actually a really nice bracelet and marys QC is evident, i asked for a clasp stamping with a nice coronet stamping with no ghosting, and thats what i got.

Sorry to hear that. I ordered two of these bracelets -months apart, for Explorer No. 4 and for the DW 7032- and both accepted 2mm springbars. I also thought it would be relatively easy to widen the loops, on account of the detachable endlinks. (Unlike the Yuki 7205

anyone have any tips on reattaching loops? solder perhaps?

I broke my loops off a set of endlinks from wholesaleoutlet990 that were supposed to fit 2mm bars and a 1680 submariner... yeah right. While trying to force the springbars into place, one of the loops broke off. :thumbdown:

I was thinking 2-part epoxy as that would give a little bit of a "spacer" also to move the bars into the correct position.

dizz

would epoxy hold in demanding situations? theres a lot of force applied to these little loops to keep the bars from flying out, also salt water might effect it. im not sure if anything short of re-tinning would work properly. might check out a craft store to see if they have some sort of craft/hobby metal rings i could solder

All the loops do it keep the actual end link in place. The bracelet itself is attached firmly to the springbar. If both loops broke, worst case is the endlink would be loose and flop around.

• 2 years later...