When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7753 has been released :D

Drulee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you can show side pictures to highlight the bezel height? I am betting that although we can't see it, the nezel height is right on these.

I am most worried about the cg. Since these are specializes cg's there is no way to fix with a swap out.

251-12.jpg

Is there a site dealing these asian movements? Or do we have to go to the dealers and ask directly, I don't think I've seen any of the dealers have movements advertised.

If you're thinking that you can transplant an a7753 into an existing a7750(tricompax)REP, you will still need a new dial due to the slightly different date window. Or are you thinking of a genuine dial with the a7753??

I doubt that anyone will be selling these a7753's singularly unless they make a dodgy batch. In which case they'll end up on eBay or iOffer via some fly-by-night dealer

Or are you thinking of a genuine dial with the a7753??

*winks*

Maybe... ;)

I stockpiled some Gen tricompax dials in the hope that one day they'd rep the 7753... ;) like Nostradamus, I could see into the future, and that future is now...

Woohoo! Tall bezel like in first rep cases. And 7753 clones! At $358?

No doubt i am getting one! But which one to choose!

I guess i will wait for their 196, had an old cased model, sold, bought back, then sold again and missed it ever since!

Transporter baby :)

Transporter2-PaneraiDaylight.jpg

Edited by Sql_pl

Gentlemen this is a new level of fidelity for our reps. I am sure there are things to moan about (case brushing, case height, case back height, CG, crown, date font, lume etc) but this is a landmark release. Congrats to the maker.

My check out cart is adding up fast with all these latest releases: new dialed 1655, the ploprof ult v, and now this. My credit card is trembling in fear :)

Not bad and major improvement over the current V2 version, although they could have done better.

The bezel profile seems to be somewhere in between the old-school EL version that housed ETA7753 and the V2 cartel available until now. We'll need more pics or a first hand review to confirm with greater certainty.

The dial is a major improvement, especially on the 188.

The CG lever does stick out a little too much, it appears the lever hole was made for a rubber insert to mimic the gen, but they somehow forgot to install it in the factory. This should be an easy fix, surgical tubing and/or electrical wire insulation jackets are readily available for this.

The 188H model config is slightly wrong though, the roller-ball lever and quick-release lug bars came few years later...deffo not on a H-series models.

But what really excites me (as many others have mentioned already) is the availability of a 7753 clone mov't, new 3-6-9 Navitimers and Omega SMP300 A/Cup black chrono reps spring to mind :) not to mention dozens of others :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyway, patiently awaiting someone's review on one of these Daylights...

I have 188 and 196 en route. Will snap pics and do a short cosmetic review when they arrive.

B, I think the case is the same case that was on AmStaff's 250 with a sunken datewheel e.g. Dec 2009 version with a new style bracelet. Either way it looks to be well executed.

B, I think the case is the same case that was on AmStaff's 250 with a sunken datewheel e.g. Dec 2009 version with a new style bracelet.

One can only hope M...:) That one was really well made, indeed.

So this "new style" bracelet you mention, does it tappers to 22mm like a gen?

You mention a new 196...which dealer?

cheers,

b

FYI...update for those anxiously awaiting a new PAM196...just received a confirmation from Andrew that it's in the pipeline but will be released a lot later as the factory is currently working on a new dial and sorting issues around it.

Great news for all of us that prefer black Daylight with numbers instead of markers :)

cheers,

b