When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AK47 per courrier

Rolexman

I live in the EU and I watch a lot of movies... that said. In most of them they make it appear guns are freely available in the US. I know it differs from state to state. In my country guns are strictly prohibited (which is a good thing imo). But a lot of felons do carry guns. On the evening news I saw some confiscated guns and amongst them there were some really exotic models like a Glock and Sig Sauer etc. That makes me wonder.

Where do they get their guns? Maybe they are shipped from the US (or any other country) just like our reps? DHL at your doorstep with a AK47? :lol: ....

Would like to hear your thoughts.

where there's money there's traffic.

I doubt an AK-47 can be sent freely by courier but there are clever ways to hide contraband in the middle of legit goods (like foods for instance). It's very hard to inspect every large container that arrives at a port.

Also you can get arms from less strict countries and drive them across borders.

as strict as Canadas gun laws are they do deliver guns via canadapost (once youre allowed to acquire it that is) there was something on the news about canadapost leaving it on the doorstep unsigned for and unsecure, im sure someone got fired over that one. In Canada you can legally carry a shotgun or rifle or knife only. in the U.S i believe its much like buying drugs from the pharmacy, it is your right as a citizen, in switzerland it is your national duty to carry firearms ...just in case the Nazis reconstitute and come a knockin, i believe the rationale for carry fireamrs is much the same in the U.S, but substitute Nazis for the British empire, in case they want their colony back i guess. im much either everyone or no one should be allowed to carry guns, and i wouldnt rely one bit on the police to protect my family in a life or death sit. the models you mentioned are from europe, so they are exotic to the U.S

common sight in Swiss grocery stores

450px-Caroline-Migros-p1000507.jpg

I understand that some countries have a very proactive anti-gun sentiment, and that's fine. I would like to point out, however, that saying the US is chock full of evil guns is a bit prejudiced, when as someone has already stated, it is the legal responsibility of all able men in Switzerland to have a fully automatic machine gun in their home.

Please leave the US alone, when everyone in Switzerland is armed to the teeth. like Rambo.

That is all.

everyone in Switzerland is armed to the teeth.

Apparently you've never been to Switzerland ;) The guns stay at home and are here because every swiss is a soldier of the Swiss Army for all is life. So every soldier must be ready to fight and it is why they have guns at home (with their uniform and all the military stuffs that go with it). And they only use guns for the army practices (every year I guess).

"Paragraph 18 declared the obligation of every Swiss citizen to serve in the federal army if conscripted (Wehrpflicht), setting its size at 3% of the population plus a reserve of one and one half that number, amounting to a total force of some 80,000."

I am not sure 3% of the US citizen, only, have guns at home !!!

"Weapons marked in bold are considered personal equipment of the soldier, who is responsible for their well-functioning and must keep them at home until the end of the military service (unless living near an external border of Switzerland).[26] Between brackets is the number of such weapons in personal equipment as of 31 January 2009.[27] Swiss army knives are also issued, but are not considered weapons."

More here

Edited by docdoc

I think the OP wanted to talk about how guns got into countries they were not supposed to be in, not the politics of Switzerland & the US.

What is it about gun discussions that makes everyone go mad? :animal_rooster:

My guess would be just like any other illegal product enters a country. Some of it gets caught, some make it through.

this thread is evolving,

Denise the Swiss dont fight, but if some Nazi like regime ever tried to invade their homeland they'll be ready, "not on their watch"... and dont say it'll never happen. the same is true for the U.S rationale, if the government gets out of line the citizens are ready.

I live in the EU and I watch a lot of movies... that said. In most of them they make it appear guns are freely available in the US. I know it differs from state to state. In my country guns are strictly prohibited (which is a good thing imo). But a lot of felons do carry guns. On the evening news I saw some confiscated guns and amongst them there were some really exotic models like a Glock and Sig Sauer etc. That makes me wonder.

Where do they get their guns? Maybe they are shipped from the US (or any other country) just like our reps? DHL at your doorstep with a AK47? :lol: ....

Would like to hear your thoughts.

My thoughts are that Glock and Sig are not exotic, but commonplace. :) Other than that, contraband gets smuggled in to all countries all the time and I'd rather not live someplace where the felons have the guns and the law abiding citizens are defenseless against them.

My thoughts are that Glock and Sig are not exotic, but commonplace. :) Other than that, contraband gets smuggled in to all countries all the time and I'd rather not live someplace where the felons have the guns and the law abiding citizens are defenseless against them.

In that case, please send me some Glocks!

1. SIG is originally a Swiss company.

2. I am Swiss, and a lawyer. I am (and all of my fellow citizens) NOT required - by law or any stupid rule - to carry a gun at any time.

3. While it is true that as a active member of Swiss military you will usually have to store your gun at home, there is an easy way out of this: You can store it at the armoury.

4. There is a strong movement atm to ban home storing of military weapons because there have been a series of killings done with these weapons.

5. Nazi attacks in Switzerland have been scarce during the last 50 years. And never happened in the years before those 50 years.

Kind regards

Val.

Swiss People - I was being just a little humorous, and do not really believe that you all walk around with weapons. I do know that the Swiss business men I deal with here in the US all must qualify annually on the firing range, by law. There's an agreement for them to use time at a military base's firing range near here for that purpose.

Swiss People - I was being just a little humorous, and do not really believe that you all walk around with weapons. I do know that the Swiss business men I deal with here in the US all must qualify annually on the firing range, by law. There's an agreement for them to use time at a military base's firing range near here for that purpose.

No worries, Jkay. :) In fact less and less young men really go to army here. It's not very popular with the employers anymore, takes too much time. If you're not member of the militia army, you're not required to go shooting annually. Although militia army is still a myth, it's very easy not get out (or not get in).

Val.

i live in sweden where gun laws are very very strict and i would not call glock or sig sauer exotic. ok they might be exotic like a rolex is exotic when you stand in line for wellfare. but atleast sig sauer is what you buy if you only have license for 1 gun and then want the best

Ya, Glocks and Sigs are a dime a dozen. I don't know that I'd call Sig "the best" though. I wouldn't call any particular brand the best. The best handgun is the one that feels most comfortable in your hand and is easiest for you to control, which varies from person to person.