When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One of the best sports watches ever to have been made by this company

Lobster

Hi All,

Hope you are having a fantastic Friday evening (depending on your timezone of course).

I have been an IWC fan for quite some time, then went to Panerai with a few reps, bought a gen 000 and somehow just lost that Pam magic.

For some reason I was missing this understated elegance of IWC, there is not just an air of magic about IWC but some sort of pride. I have had some fantastic IWC reps, and they were truly amazing, but when you hold and own a gen as well, you really know you have in possession, something truly special.

I wanted to post this watch here as opposed to the gen forums because I have come to see real watch fans here who rarely judge or start hissy fits as I have witnessed in another forums.

Enough talk:

IWC AQUATIMER 3548 with Rubber strap

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Please excuse my hairy arms :p, it's not that bad in real life

Dluddy- Thanks, it was a pleasure sharing with this community.

Wheaton - Thanks Buddy, the gen is definitely beautiful and your friend would love the chrono. The dial is black, it's the AR that plays games with the eyes. I love how the double AR can make the dial seem blue from different angles.

Defender - Thanks again, and you're right, there is a certain culture here that allows freedom and tolerance for all watches and personalities of people.

Have a great weekend all

This design has got to be one of the most comfortable watch designs around. Great watch. What colour is the lume at night on this one...it's green I assume.

It's definitely one of the more comfy watches I have owned. The lume is the standard green, but for some reason It's not as strong as the Pam. Probably because it's 4 years old now. But I don't really need the lume that much.

I'll post a lume shot some time.

:)

Out of interest, if not too rude, can i ask how big your wrist is?

No problem for asking, I haven't measure it yet, but this is the problem: every time i take a wrist shot, my wrists look like baby wrists. I wear 44mm Pams and in pics the fit looks exactly like the 3717 or this AT.

:S

I will measure soon

• 6 months later...

old thread... but damn!! will these factories rep this or what!?!?!

OR

if concepta can source parts and build a genestein.... that would be nice too. ;)

Funnily enough, I bought this gen because I knew the factories have never brought out a good rep of this specific model. They murdered the Slevin, I mean the Slevin was just awesome.

Concepta could maybe source parts but remember this is now a discontinued line also with IWC. Though they certainly will have spare parts :)

You're right, I still don't think they should have discontinued the line. Having said that, I do love the new non chrono white dial AT. That one is a killer. But apart from that, the old ones rule. They don't even have any Ti versions either :(

Wearing my rep Slevin today, in what way did they "murder" it?

I think it looks pretty good.

i am honestly surprised the factories decided to go for the aquatimer chrono before they even attempted this! this looks so much easier to rep....

Seems the going market price for these is around $3800 with bracelet... ugh. It's doubtful concepta can source is but it's worth a try.