When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After WM9 SD project sunk; what option do we have

cib0rgman

Finally after two years of BS WM9 takes a deep dive and never surfaces; i wonder if with all that money that he took in advance for this project he decided to take an exit and go back to other hobbies, if we can call it that; Now that all the smoke has dissipated what options do we have. Many of us were waiting for this project to come to a good end. Is there any SD that we can use to build a very close to gen Watch; this a good opportunity for the factories to capitalize in WM9 success if they come up with a good product it will a sure winner.

There are about 2000 buyers who end up waiting for two years ans came up empty; Now that the SD is not been produce anymore this watch will become a collectible very soon any collector should have one of those.

I was hounding BK for a few model subs, he mentioned there was a new version coming soon including the TT with better finished gold plate. Also I was chatting about some new PAMs coming soon with a dealer of repute here and he mentioned that a few new Rolies were on the horizon his exact words were next few months but we all know what that means I didnt press him on the Rs as they aint my sort of watch !! Though I got the feeling as with the next batch of PAMs it was not far off :)

Of course Jackjo does a nice line in SSDs ;)

I feel lucky that I felt the need to pull out before the first balance was due to be taken, as I felt I might not have been able to spare the cash. I'm sure I made two payments due to processing errors but only got one refund, but hey, that's life. Hate to read about things like this happening though :(

I got lucky since I only put down a deposit. I was really looking forward to the SD. I am going to have my fav dealer source my a 21j and be done with it. I'm gonna have to control my spending duw to school and some major purchases in life that are coming up. I'll prob try and get a refund from bk, but I'll sit on the situation since I'm in no hurry.

Finally after two years of BS WM9 takes a deep dive and never surfaces; i wonder if with all that money that he took in advance for this project he decided to take an exit and go back to other hobbies, if we can call it that; Now that all the smoke has dissipated what options do we have. Many of us were waiting for this project to come to a good end. Is there any SD that we can use to build a very close to gen Watch; this a good opportunity for the factories to capitalize in WM9 success if they come up with a good product it will a sure winner.

There are about 2000 buyers who end up waiting for two years ans came up empty; Now that the SD is not been produce anymore this watch will become a collectible very soon any collector should have one of those.

If as you say there was 2000 buyers and say all paid the $37 min deposit WM9 walked away with $79,000 minimum. We also know some buyers would have gone in late and paid more deposit as the project went on.The maximum WM9 could have walked away with if they had said the project was complete and we paid the full amount $645,then didnt recieve any watch would have been $1,290,000. We should all think ourselves lucky, i only paid the $37 2 years ago next week. I hope it still all comes good though.

If as you say there was 2000 buyers and say all paid the $37 min deposit WM9 walked away with $79,000 minimum. We also know some buyers would have gone in late and paid more deposit as the project went on.The maximum WM9 could have walked away with if they had said the project was complete and we paid the full amount $645,then didnt recieve any watch would have been $1,290,000. We should all think ourselves lucky, i only paid the $37 2 years ago next week. I hope it still all comes good though.

Unfortunately, there are probably a lot of us who got in late (I paid for mine a little over a year ago) I believe I paid 375 at the time, and was congratulating myself that I got all in at a bargain price. Looks like the last laughs on me. Also unfortunately, there are a significant number of folks( me included) who have dealt with WM9 directly, so we are SOL. If the project is truly dead, then we are out our money, simple as that. I did buy a cheap 16600 SD, just to try it on for size. I have since sold it, as it really didn't have much appeal to me.Ii would rather concentrate on vintage SD's. I suppose old watches for old guys is pretty apropos.

Unfortunately, there are probably a lot of us who got in late (I paid for mine a little over a year ago) I believe I paid 375 at the time, and was congratulating myself that I got all in at a bargain price. Looks like the last laughs on me. Also unfortunately, there are a significant number of folks( me included) who have dealt with WM9 directly, so we are SOL. If the project is truly dead, then we are out our money, simple as that. I did buy a cheap 16600 SD, just to try it on for size. I have since sold it, as it really didn't have much appeal to me.Ii would rather concentrate on vintage SD's. I suppose old watches for old guys is pretty apropos.

This may be a silly question but why did you all pay up front? Not a criticism, just a genuine question.

Charlie

This may be a silly question but why did you all pay up front? Not a criticism, just a genuine question.

Charlie

Not silly. It's like buying Bordeaux before the harvest: You get a discount for taking the risk of investing before the product is finished. And the seller or factory have cash to develop the watch.

Kind regards

Val.

Not silly. It's like buying Bordeaux before the harvest: You get a discount for taking the risk of investing before the product is finished. And the seller or factory have cash to develop the watch.

Kind regards

Val.

Valid answer. I would like to know why people paid upfront in full instead of placing a deposit. I believe paying in full didn't get you further ahead in line than those placing with a deposit. I might have done the same thing but I got in relatively early.

Valid answer. I would like to know why people paid upfront in full instead of placing a deposit. I believe paying in full didn't get you further ahead in line than those placing with a deposit. I might have done the same thing but I got in relatively early.

at a certain point George was asking for larger payment to get you on the list. By the time he claimed he had the He valve working he was only allowing you to enter the list if you paid $650. I almost did.

at a certain point George was asking for larger payment to get you on the list. By the time he claimed he had the He valve working he was only allowing you to enter the list if you paid $650. I almost did.

I'm glad you did not, mate. Especially when it was directly with George. I am still trusting BK for mine.

When I made my in full payment back last November, the advance deposit option was no longer available. i felt like I was getting in at a good price, because it was about to go up to 450.USD and then another two steps to around 625-650.00 USD.

I believe the reason most of us got in was our faith (Now probably misguided) in George. You have to remember this wasn't WM9's first rodeo.George had built quite a few other models over the previous years, and deservedly so had a great reputation for producing probably the best "out the box" reps around. So this isn't like we were dealing with some guy that just showed up and asked for money up front for a concept watch. George had a proven track record of producing.Look at the WM9 V1,2,3 subs, the TT Sub and the Yachtmaster. Those are all reps that out the box would fool all but the most knowledgeable Rolex WIS. And now that they are probably not going to be produced anymore, the value will certainly increase, which is pretty rare in rep watches.

I still hold out some hope, however faint, WM9's email is still working, even though he isn't answering. He or someone must be looking at the emails, or systematically deleting them, because if that wasn't the case, emails to him would be bouncing, which as of last week, they weren't.