When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting married on Saturday *nervous as hell*

concepta

Congrats mate, I hope you both have a great day :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I also hope you have squirreled away enough watch funds to last a few years ;)

As for a watch - How about a Daytona :)

Blimey freddy are you one of those modern men !! ;) Or have you been brainwashed ;):)

Congrats big guy! welcome to the club! I'm a newlywed myself :)

As far as the watch is concerned.. Doesn't really matter as long as it's something you like! I wore my Yachtie Rolesium under the cuff and since I NEVER wear it, thought I might as well break it out of the old watch box. It was my first watch ever and carries a certain sentimental value even if it's visually not my favorite watch in my collection, the fact that i know it will always be with me, brought me to put it on for the big day ;)

Go get em' tiger!

p.s. where's the honeymoon?

Congrats C!

Want to share some advice on the keys to a successful marriage

1. marry a woman that loves you

2. a woman that always challenges you

3. a woman you always want to make love to

4. make sure those women never meet!

As to the watch, a franken 3714 is the way to go.

Congratulations and many wishes for a long and happy marriage.:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As far as the watch, I agree that it needs to be something that is significant and has a history with you. It will be one that you will need to keep, for the sentimental value.Simple, elegant, understated. I also agree wholeheartedly with Freddy, this is the brides day. you are just along for the ride!! Never, never try to upstage the bride or even worser the brides mother on her wedding day. And to Pete, i don't think Freddy and I are modern men, we are probably more the old fashioned, older guys who have been there, done that and have the T-shirt to prove it.:whistling:

Congrats!!! Now here is lesson 1 from a seasoned husband:

1. You shall wear the watch that she likes/chooses

;)

+1 If she wants you to wear a green Swatch with yellow polkadots because it matches her bridesmaids' dresses then that's what you're wearing... :p

One more piece of advise. My Sous Chef got married earlier this year and when asked if there was a particular psalm he'd like in the service he replied: "The only one i can think of at the moment is Nailed to the cross of pain" We both thought it was pretty funny (this was during the planning, not the ceremony it self), but we were the only ones... The bride and her mother were less than impressed one might say. In short never try to make jokes about the wedding or anyting pertaining to it... :p

Congratulations, and may we wish you a long and happy marriage.

Enjoy your great day, and may the worst day of your future be like the best day of your past!

Congrats Nik! :drinks:

Try to enjoy every moment as the day will go quick, so just live in the moment! The nervousness will go away, don't worry! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the watch, wear something classic and understated, although you'll be so wrapped up in everything, the watch won't matter that much, as you won't be able to take your eyes away from your future wife! ;)