When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9315 bracelet faked

nick1972

Its look almost too good, especially the stamping on the clasp blades... Looks like someone finally deceided it was time to make a proper bracelet.. almost like Rolex started up production again... can you imagine if Rolex started leaking out vintage replacement parts to take away a piece of the counterfeit market. Yes i know I'm dreaming...

The only real "faults" if you can call them that, are the cornet on the clasp is slightly off and the links are too thick. Other than that, its going to fool everyone who doesnt have a gen bracelet and a loop for side by side comparison!! Awesome!

Not sure. Both look a bit suspect to me

Here is my gen (from an unassailable source). Note the position of the end link stamp & shape of coronet

Yes my gen 380 end link stamps are also closer to the center the same as Freddys. Either way, if this is a rep bracelet, its by far the best one ever made. It looks as though the rep cornet was copied from a gen that was previously polished because Freddys looks sharper than both of the ones in the VRF post...

Man, I would take a couple of those in a heartbeat. like the man said, in some of the scans, the rep looked more genuine than the genuine!! Someone needs to see where that guy got the fake from. i would bet he bought it at a watch show, or Ebay. You really need to have them in good light and a pretty good bit of magnification to tell them apart. By itself, not many folks around could tell it was a rep.

Might be nothing, but it says "pateted" on both bracelets...shouldn't one of them say "patented"?

Curiously, that is actually a way to authenticate a genuine 9315 folded oyster. They originally came from the mountain gnome Rolex huts with that misspelling.

So now we have people replicating errors to make their fakes look more genuine.

:g:

Hey guys, you want only two?

I'll have a dozen

They look so good that we should stock them so we have enough for a lifetime :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok you are right, put me down for 10 of them on the first order! :Jumpy:

Hopefully Mary can find some info for us!

Dizz

I find it interesting that the "patented" on the divers extension is mis-spelled on both those examples. See the attached pictures of my own gen folded link oyster bracelet. Even though it does not show up on the picture, the word "patented" is spelled correctly on my diver extension. My history with this band; I got it about 16 years ago, it was installed on my GMT Master that I bought used at a Rolex AD (Gray's Jewelers in Barrington, R.I.). It was the wrong type of oyster bracelet for a GMT, having the extension link and bigger clasp, so I replaced it with an aftermarket jubilee bracelet and kept it in my parts. I have no doubt that my bracelet is gen due to where I got it from as well as how long I have had it.

post-783-0-06556600-1291177890.jpg

post-783-0-37470700-1291177907.jpg

post-783-0-47475100-1291177921.jpg

post-783-0-08110200-1291177936.jpg

post-783-0-09190300-1291177954.jpg

post-783-0-49190800-1291177969.jpg

Its funny, just over the past few days, I have been toying with the idea of selling this bracelet to make funds for other projects. Now it seems like the rep industry has apparently come up with their own version of it, perhaps making the one I have worth a little less?

Cheers

Edited by southcoast68