When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

True story about Breitling Steelfish

By-Tor

I have a collague who really fell in love with my gen blue Fish.

First he tried to buy my watch but I'm not selling. Then this guy purchased ALL THREE COLORS brand new from the local Breitling AD.

He has black and blue on a bracelet and the white one on a brown leather strap. Apparently he was able to set up some kind of deal of them but I believe that trip still cost him way over €5K.

I saw all the packages and watches. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. A few months ago this fellow hadn't even heard of Breitling, now he owns three.

But then again... to keep things in perspective €5K is just a price of one sports Rolex.

Early Merry Christmas for him I guess. :animal_rooster:

I guess it's kinda like falling in love with the right girl; when you see her, you just know. Must be the same for him and the Steelfish :)

Hmmmmm :g:

Sounds like he met a girl and fell for her 2 sisters as well !! (3 in a bed ..... :wub: ) :lol:

I was under the impression that all Breitlings are "poor man's watches". I mean, they all have cheap bulk ETAs inside (besides the new B01). Some of the models just have higher price tags... I guess that makes them more special then.

At least Boxster has the inhouse engine built by Porsche.

Watch snobbery in the replica forum = love it. :D

Yeah.

Sometimes I wonder if impulsive people like that live their lives happier and longer.

There is good research that people who sweat making the right purchase decision are not as happy. Like crazy watch collectors. Better to buy it and move on then perseverate needlessly. Not that I can do that, and I'm a psychotherapist in training!

ah...this illustrates why rep collecting has its benefits and value... :good:

i'm one who has a few rep fishes - each one setup on various natos, leather, rubber or steel bracelets...each has its own personality and style depending on the setup and my "mood"...a very versatile watch...not one you readily tire of...and i sure have a lot less tied up in my trinity of fish than B-T's colleague... :group:

isn't this kinda like collecting PAMs that all look alike... :whistling:

Sad men....I own a Breitling, as well as a Boxster and my penis is still intact. I am also not a Hairdresser.

Boxster - I can fit my golf clubs in the boot

Breitling - ETA are reliable movements. Who cares if they are sold in their millions

People who [censored] them off are merely displaying their inadequacy, I would suggest?

Being the Breitling fan I am…I don’t think I would ever own all 3 versions of the same watch. I have both the blue and silver SOSF and have thought about the black, but one of the other colors would have to go.

Breitling a poor mans watch? You can say that about ever watch brand out there, depending on what your perception is. There is always some thing more expensive that will be seen by others as a poor mans watch. Guys playing in the league of $500K+ PP's think that $100K Breguets are a poor mans watch.

Breitling a poor mans watch? You can say that about ever watch brand out there, depending on what your perception is. There is always some thing more expensive that will be seen by others as a poor mans watch. Guys playing in the league of $500K+ PP's think that $100K Breguets are a poor mans watch.

I agree. And Steelfish is still the best looking, coolest diver watch I've seen. Best watch Breitling ever made, imho.

I really dislike all kinds of "watch snobbery". I spotted this thread in the Breitlingsource. I simply HAD to comment as most of this bashing was just pure emotional nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...