When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polywatch Plexi Refinish

JohnCocktosten

I'd never really found anything that cleaned up a marred up plexi, so I thought I would give this stuff a try. Had a 127 that was all beat to $hit and scratched with some fairly deep scratches. Bought a tube of this stuff and after it looks like brand new. Did a bit of rough sanding with 400 paper and then squirted this directly on the plexi and rubbed with a cotton cloth for a few minutes.

DSCN0789.jpg

Glad you posted it flyingwedge it is nice to have current updates on success with a product. :good:

Don't get me wrong, I love RWG, but the "Search" function has not been the same since 2008. (Admin, if you are out there, see if you can use Lucene search add-on. This is what powers Wikipedia search. http://lucene.apache...docs/index.html) :victory:

Also, for the new members sometimes repeats are good to bring something to the foreground that otherwise be missed.

I found this after about forty five seconds of using the existing search function.

JoJo35, while I agree with using the search feature. Flyingwedge was NOT looking for this information, rather making a testimonial. (At least that is how I read it.)

Some noob who has no idea what Polywatch is might not otherwise have found out about it.

Search is great, but sometimes things change, new tech, or even a simple confirmation that the old stuff still works is nice to see.

polywatch is not the best product, its o.k when the plexi is slightly faded or with micro scratches,

for serious scratches or to modify the shapes of a plexi or to give it a more "dome" rounded aspect sandpaper first (even dremel) then steelwhool 000 then FLITZ, and, at the end polywatch for the final touch

just my 2 cents

Thanks for that, flyingwedge. I've had good experiences with PolyWatch, but I hate how quickly it breaks down in warmer climates. The tube I bought just a few months ago now squirts out a clear fluid, followed by a milky emulsion. [insert disgusting joke here.]

Can anyone suggest a tropical Tropic polish?

Thanks for that, flyingwedge. I've had good experiences with PolyWatch, but I hate how quickly it breaks down in warmer climates. The tube I bought just a few months ago now squirts out a clear fluid, followed by a milky emulsion. [insert disgusting joke here.]

I've always found toothpaste to be quite effective. Maybe one of the more abrasive ones might be worth a try for deeper scratches, but I've always been happy with the results from the regular stuff :)

I've always found toothpaste to be quite effective. Maybe one of the more abrasive ones might be worth a try for deeper scratches, but I've always been happy with the results from the regular stuff :)

And that is why TJs watchs always have that freshly brushed minty taste and look to them, :whistling:

Store it in a North facing closet. With luck the temperature there will stay below 80 degrees F. (or a basement).

For deep scratches I use 400 sandpaper, then follow with 1500 wet or dry sandpaper. Then I finish it with Brasso using terry cloth. After 38 years in the military I have enough of it around, and it really comes out great. Light scratches come out with Brasso alone. I've used the same technique on fogged over plastic headlights too. 

For deep scratches I use 400 sandpaper, then follow with 1500 wet or dry sandpaper. Then I finish it with Brasso using terry cloth. After 38 years in the military I have enough of it around, and it really comes out great. Light scratches come out with Brasso alone. I've used the same technique on fogged over plastic headlights too.

Never tried Brasso but thats a good idea for sure. I also use 400 grit sandpaper for heavy scratches, then 600, then 1000 or 1500. It depends on how clean I want it to look in the end. If its a datejust I will take it up to 1500 then some polish, but if its a Submariner, I'll just use 600grit then polish it. That way it leaves some flaws and doesnt look totally perfect.

dizz