When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need suggestions for gift to a uni professor

paneristi_man

Hi,

Need some help from folks here. I'd like to get a rep for a good friend who's a law professor in a UK uni.

I think he's bit on the flamboyant side but not flashy, so no gold or bling. he's in his 40s.

Any suggestion for a watch for daily wear to the uni?

p m

Thanks for all your advice guys.

KB,the briefcase you suggested would be a rep too wouldn't it?

Ok, I'm definitely going to tell him it's a rep not lying about it but I just think he will get a kick out of it given that he knows nothing about the rep game.

So I'm still keen to hear some suggestions or perhaps there is amongst us folks who actually work/study/spend time in the unis that can comment?

I just assumed that the points raised were a given and this would of been considered in terms of the giving of the gift.

I made the mistake of assuming the question from my POV in which I wouldnt be asking if I wasnt certain that such a gift would be appropriate.

Thats a good lesson for me I think and one I must not forget when replying to these sorts of questions. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ive never seen a Professor sporting an gold blinged out daydate nor big watches like breitling or panerai.

Id say a Rollie Explorer I or Airking (blue sunburst dial) Both simple and elegant perfect for all occasions.

PAM was based on the description of Flamboyant but not blingy

Generally though I would agree with the Prof statement ;)

Get him the Hunter's Cache Meats and Fish Gift Pack from Alaska Wild Berry Products. Guaranteed winner. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend a watch. Nope nope nope.

http://www.alaskawil...ryproducts.com/

Is this a Sarah Palin free Alaskan Business??? If it is, then I will order some caribou and reindeer meat sausage and some Salmon stuff!

Agreed. What i try to say is profs generally seem to be more introvert then flamboyant types.

English being not my native language sometimes give me little option of words to express me thoughts :)

I appreciate that mate and your English is a million times better than any other language I might try to speak.

I did agree with what you said before about Uni Profs being more reserved and aloof (Introverted) I just meant this particular Prof :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

PAM was based on the description of Flamboyant but not blingy

Generally though I would agree with the Prof statement ;)

Thanks for your input for the PAM. It did cross my mind to get him a PAM but on second thoughts it might be a bit too big for his taste. The rollie is tad more subtle.

Isn't it a bit paradoxal for a law professor to wear counterfeit articles? :-D

It's just as a smoking MD, no?

...or a sunbathing dermatologist, or a struggling aspiring musician who torrents music to find inspiration. The world is full of irony my friend :o)

Rolex Explorer sounds nice... But definitely not gold... Stainless Steel is wearable by everyone and doesn't draw unwanted attention... Except if it's a Breitling... :o)