When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

realining a mag?

craigb

There are two ways depending on how it is mis-aligned,

A remove the crystal and refit it

B Remove the loupe and re-glue it on

Both are fairly simple with the right tools and experience if it is a sapphire crystal

A invilves removing the caeback, stem and movement ect and pressing out the crystal with a crystal press and then pressing it back in

B involves heat to melt the glue that holds the loupe on and re gluing it with UV activated glue

Both are fairly simple with the right tools and experience if it is a sapphire crystal

A invilves removing the caeback, stem and movement ect and pressing out the crystal with a crystal press and then pressing it back in

B involves heat to melt the glue that holds the loupe on and re gluing it with UV activated glue

it is about 4 mil to the left out!wow. yeah it is saphire crystal, can i buy that from most shops or is it specialized?

Hi craigb,

4 mm out to the left that means it almost sitting in the centre.

Did you contact your supplier on this issue.

Carpe Diem

Cats

:whistling:

hi cats, basically i have built the watch from all my spare parts, supose its a good way to learn. the crystal come from another sub, so far so good until the mag, but it sounds like an easy mod,just need to find the glue. :good:

Won't heat mess up the AR? And when do you know you have enough heat...does the cyclops just slide off?

@btocamelo,

if i'm not mistaken craig is talking about a sub which he built from old parts so there shouldn't be any AR on

the date mag . Unless it's a new deep sea.

But yes haeting the class can damage the AR coating.

Carpe Diem

Cats

No Ar on most rolex glasses

the Glue you want from cousinsuk.com A F Minad UV cure glue C0365 £11.60 plus tax and post

Loks like that crystal is from something with an ETA date wheel position

yeah that crystal did come from an eta watch, ok ill order that glue,could i not use my high powered tropical marine fish tank lights to cure the glue?

yeah that crystal did come from an eta watch, ok ill order that glue,could i not use my high powered tropical marine fish tank lights to cure the glue?

If they are UV lights then more than likely but if you have a nail salon the ones my wife spends al day with here hand in are the best

nail-uv-lamp-4B6-B.jpg

I cure mine by sitting them out in direct sunlight for 20-30 minutes. Your dial looks to have the date window in the "ETA position" while your crystal has the magnifier in the "Rolex position". I use a heat gun and occasionally pick at the magnifier with an Xacto knife until it pops off...

@jmb i wish we had even a glimmer of sunshine here in the uk, the best we can wish for is a wopping 22 degrees that only lasts a day.what a summer! i would imagine my lights will do the trick.

fxrandy, if my lights dont do it ill go for a manicure and get the watch done at the same time. :whistling:

@jmb i wish we had even a glimmer of sunshine here in the uk, the best we can wish for is a wopping 22 degrees that only lasts a day.what a summer! i would imagine my lights will do the trick.

fxrandy, if my lights dont do it ill go for a manicure and get the watch done at the same time. :whistling:

I can just imagine that LOL

If your glass isnt sapphire, it may crack when you heat it. Do you know what case you are using and if its sapphire and not mineral glass?

Be sure to heat the crystal evenly and only use as much heat as you need to soften the glue to avoid breaking the glass.

dizz

You don't need actually a UV lamp. You can dry the glue on daylight in 1-2 minutes - in direct sunlight it takes only a few seconds...we have a big ozone hole, so the UV radiation is doing a good job. :bangin:

Without kidding - it works fine!

AR wouldn't get off if you heat the crystal from other side (GMT IIc). Tested a few times. On direct heating maybe yes, it depends on the temperature I think.

It looks as though you could contact BK about a new Noobmariner dial and it would fix the problem.

That would look quite a bit better and he would then need a date wheel overlay as well...