When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble With Customs And Lawer

Assasimon

Hello!

Well the customs have taken my watch (W Rolly Day) and are telling me to contact the law firm that is handeling this case. The law firm is working for Rollie here in Sweden so I really don´t know what to expect now. :huh:

Anyone who has had similar experience who can give me some advise?

Regards!

Well first up get your lawyer to contact them just to find out what they intend to do.

Ken

Generally, that is excellent advice, but my inclination would be to keep my mouth shut and see what they do. I would not claim the watch or admit it was mine - but be careful about making any false statements.

I do not know how things work in Sweden, but my guess would be that Customs is going to keep the watch no matter what you do, but probably nothing else.

I would not reply to anything the lawyers for Rolex send until they served me with something requiring me to appear. I doubt they would go to the trouble, but they are bullies so expect threatening mail and demands.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you.

Bill

Hello!

Well the customs have taken my watch (W Rolly Day) and are telling me to contact the law firm that is handeling this case. The law firm is working for Rollie here in Sweden so I really don´t know what to expect now. :huh:

Anyone who has had similar experience who can give me some advise?

Regards!

What's a Rolex? :blink:

most likely you will recieve a scary letter from the polex lawyers sueing you for 1million $$$$ :blink:

but they will ask you to pay a $350 fine .

it happend to a friend of mine in NYC ... dont know if its the same letter in sweden .

i would say that i never ordered a rolex watch ! & to return to sender ! its simpley a shipping mistake ..

good luck man !

most likely you will recieve a scary letter from the polex lawyers sueing you for 1million $$$$ :blink:

but they will ask you to pay a $350 fine .

it happend to a friend of mine in NYC ... dont know if its the same letter in sweden .

i would say that i never ordered a rolex watch ! & to return to sender ! its simpley a shipping mistake ..

good luck man !

yeah 350$ fine and....not that i wanna scare you...6 months of prison...

just kidding!

everything will work just fine...i hope!

First of all, you may have had received an advise from customes office, but I don't know in Sweden, but in Spain that's like my mother asking me to clean my room: nothing at all. Another thing is if you receive something from the court asking you to present and declare. Even if you receive a letter or call from rollie's lawyers, the same. You never asked for a watch and there's shoulb be someone with your nme and this is a big mistake. They have to prove you are gulty. Don't forget it.

Hello all!

Well, I got a letter from the Law Firm saying that if I was willing to let Rolex Sweden destroy the watch then this whole thing would be settled...

I asked them what knd of watch there was in the package and he said a White Daytona. I asked them how they could say that is was a fake? (This is the law firm) He then said that the only way for them to see this was by checking the serial. I then told him that this must have been a gift from someone but I can´t tell from who because I haven´t seen the package. Well it seems that this issue is sorted out. Unfortunately for me I lost the watch... BUT, the dealer who sold me the watch said that he will ship a new one to a different adress! :thumbsupsmileyanim: So hopefully this shipment will find it´s target.

Best regards!

J

Oh, that's nasty..

A special word of mention should go to the dealer (whoever it is!).

I've only ordered 2 reps, and had no problems with UK customs.

Rep1 - Eddie Lee YM, Direct from TW no problems.

Rep2 - Josh Daytona, Direct from China no problems

The rep from Josh was much more expensive, and was shipped smuggled inside an electronic kids toy (a barbie toy whooooo!).. Very innovative, and appreciated :)

Bought perhaps 30-35 watches over the last 12 months from Andrew, Josh, Neil, Paul, Angel & Jay, Homer, PT, EddieLee and Narikaa and not one has been ceized by customs.

I find that by shipping them with DHL or similar to my work address, the packages are never opened by customs. To my home address the almost open every package.

Bought perhaps 30-35 watches over the last 12 months from Andrew, Josh, Neil, Paul, Angel & Jay, Homer, PT, EddieLee and Narikaa and not one has been ceized by customs.

I find that by shipping them with DHL or similar to my work address, the packages are never opened by customs. To my home address the almost open every package.

Like me, package was send to my work and always used DHL. Never had a problem

This is old news...I have been there and done that. This is all [censored] intimidation tactics that they use to try to discourage it. Granted I am in the US and different laws apply, but on the old RWG, I did a big write up on this and posted images of the letter I received and everything, and simply put, you should do nothing. If someone contacts you by mail, do not respond. If someone contacts you by phone tell them you have no idea what they are talking about.

If you respond to any of it, you are likely painting a target on your @$$.