When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 177 arrived and have to say I am very impressed for the money !

PeteM

I recieved my 177 today and took a few phone pics with the JV style strap though Mario has made me a Burgundy Croc strap with Ti stitching which is on its way to me !! :)

I must say despite all the hype I wasnt expecting such a great rep especially for the dosh, it truly is a great buy and there is no need to mod this its good enough as it is though if you guys know me I really cant help myself !! So its booked in with Rob!!

But blimey this watch really does mark a change in direction for the factories, I am very pleased with this buy and for $200 including shipping I have absolutely no complaints. I am now really looking forward to getting The new 253 and 212 next week :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am sure you guys know all the points picked up and yes I could pick up some flaws but overall I have to say these are no issues for this sort of money !!

Looks great my brother but a dark jungle appears to have ensnared it!!

Your Crown to case spacing looks better than a couple other's I have seen including Sammy's before he made his perfect on his own

Now we need movements. Thought I had a bead on one per your recommendation but he never got back to me after I responded to his email

Looks great my brother but a dark jungle appears to have ensnared it!!

Your Crown to case spacing looks better than a couple other's I have seen including Sammy's before he made his perfect on his own

Now we need movements. Thought I had a bead on one per your recommendation but he never got back to me after I responded to his email

Thanks mucker :) Thanks SF too :)

Yeah the crown is very good only a fraction off gen compared to my hex crown gens (though non are a 177)

The guy is very slow mate He can take up to a week !!

I think the movement on this isnt half bad, the pics we have seen dont do it justice. Clean edged plates, OP is no worse than LHs font, the plate engravings are better than nearly all I have seen.

The one thing that I do notice but this is being really picky...is the crystal, it distorts like the gen but you just know it aint gen. I think I will definitely put LHs movement in this one and I will put Barts crystal in it.

The lume is without doubt the best I have ever seen straight from factory easily better than the DLs and better than the 288, the charge really lasts too.... :)

The case shape is very good and the profile on the top side of the CG is excellent even the lever is flush!!

Hmmm

I have pms into LH as well

If we could say, get the same sterile base movement LH uses, then swap out the plates, you think we'd have a champion?

Hmmm

I have pms into LH as well

If we could say, get the same sterile base movement LH uses, then swap out the plates, you think we'd have a champion?

Good question mate

I reckon if he will still sell them and to same standard, if you remember he used a fair bit of modded parts including replating and that ......then yes I think it would be a more sensible approach to using a gen.

I will PM you his Email :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WOW! Just the crown and CG alone make it worth the cash .. the oh so little cash too :Dj

Any comment on the height of the cutouts on the top dial? I know some have commented about how they didn't look as deep as those on the new 111s

Your not wrong Doc..Total parts fest!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Of course the guys are right but its negligible and to be honest never noticeable unless you study macros or hold the dial up close... :D

Hows the Ar (colourless) compare other ultimates before, like 250, 164? Thinking buying this or 288? Nice one you got there :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AR is weak but colourless in the majority of angles at some acute views its a slight greyish. The DLs I have a slight purply hue at the edges in some light so I would say its comparable to the 288

I have the 288 and overall for accuracy the 288 shades it but really it only comes down to which you prefer the look of.... for me I never took an interest in rads and never liked them I still dont but I like the 288 as it feels gen like...I never liked Tis I tried a few even with gen parts but again couldnt get on with them however given the price of this and the fact its only an option in my rotation I like it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What's your verdict on the dial txt color accuracy, Pete?

Too grayish-white for a sandwich dial Luminor do you think?

Thats interesting you mention that as when I got it in reasonable daylight the colouring looked good but in artificial light its defintely slightly darker shade, I would really want to see it tomorrow in good daylight but we are getting anal here ;) so on I go... As the experts mentioned from the pics the cutouts or rather the top plate is thin but the shadowing that gives the depth perception isnt too bad but its not right thats for sure but I would rather have this dial to a DSN dial thats for certain. The CP is not as pointed or tippy as I thought it would be from the pics but it does need a slight rub to flatten it. O and the texture of the dial is just off but again very slightly I am talking here ;)

The case is pretty, no!! very good but when put up against a gen and for most of us here that would be the only way to tell, the lugs are slightly shorter and sit lower on the case, the feet are slightly bigger on the base, the case is slightly higher than the gen and the edge slopes are slightly off the gen the bezel lower rim is wider by a mil but the angle of the top part is pretty close. The crystal sits slightly higher and the shape of the crystal especially the edge doesnt follow the gen shape.

The CG is definitely smaller in the curviature and against the gen looks a little like a mini me, the way the gen curves around the top edge to the case is pretty well copied this always being the worse aspect of any rep CG, the thin to thick look of the CG isnt as good as a good LH but again its something most guys here would need up against a gen to notice!

The crystal distortion is damn good but the overall look of the crystal doesnt say corundum OEM but again it is better than most DSNs I have seen and its pretty close to a good EL crystal. The crown is SL but is wider by a fraction to a gen crown though teething is very good. The lever sits very flush but isnt snappy or even tight but its better than rep standard. The curve of the CG feet to the case is excellent and I get the feeling the size of the CG was created by trimming the template too much to get a good fit against the case so when production kicked off and the crown went in the closeness issue was created, though fixable as we are talking a hairs width!

The material itself is good quality !! It marks just like a gen Ti the weight is comparable and the noise from the movement is veryu hard to hear dispite it being Ti.

I really like this watch for the money and I think this is a great watch for the majority of collectors and a great step forward, I really believe this watch would stand up to a wrist check without any issue :)

But also lets get this watch in context...If I offered a watch 6 months ago with these specs I would of expected to see it for no less than $500

Best version real Ti case with accurate lugs

T48 Ti crown

LH dial and hands

Best TB/LH Ti version CG (OK he never made Ti but you get the idea)

Thick Crystal with slight AR (colourless)

Good version 6497 with better version plates and non sticjkered OP

Relumed with SL

High CP mod

CG modded with flattened and polished pin

Correct and individually marked millesimation

Best version rubber strap with Ti Buckle

Well you get the idea !!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thats interesting you mention that as when I got it in reasonable daylight the colouring looked good but in artificial light its defintely slightly darker shade, I would really want to see it tomorrow in good daylight but we are getting anal here ;) so on I go... As the experts mentioned from the pics the cutouts or rather the top plate is thin but the shadowing that gives the depth perception isnt too bad but its not right thats for sure but I would rather have this dial to a DSN dial thats for certain. The CP is not as pointed or tippy as I thought it would be from the pics but it does need a slight rub to flatten it. O and the texture of the dial is just off but again very slightly I am talking here ;)

The case is pretty, no!! very good but when put up against a gen and for most of us here that would be the only way to tell, the lugs are slightly shorter and sit lower on the case, the feet are slightly bigger on the base, the case is slightly higher than the gen and the edge slopes are slightly off the gen the bezel lower rim is wider by a mil but the angle of the top part is pretty close. The crystal sits slightly higher and the shape of the crystal especially the edge doesnt follow the gen shape.

The CG is definitely smaller in the curviature and against the gen looks a little like a mini me, the way the gen curves around the top edge to the case is pretty well copied this always being the worse aspect of any rep CG, the thin to thick look of the CG isnt as good as a good LH but again its something most guys here would need up against a gen to notice!

The crystal distortion is damn good but the overall look of the crystal doesnt say corundum OEM but again it is better than most DSNs I have seen and its pretty close to a good EL crystal. The crown is SL but is wider by a fraction to a gen crown though teething is very good. The lever sits very flush but isnt snappy or even tight but its better than rep standard. The curve of the CG feet to the case is excellent and I get the feeling the size of the CG was created by trimming the template too much to get a good fit against the case so when production kicked off and the crown went in the closeness issue was created, though fixable as we are talking a hairs width!

The material itself is good quality !! It marks just like a gen Ti the weight is comparable and the noise from the movement is veryu hard to hear dispite it being Ti.

I really like this watch for the money and I think this is a great watch for the majority of collectors and a great step forward, I really believe this watch would stand up to a wrist check without any issue :)

Blimey...and I only asked a single question :)

Thanks mate. Mine is still 'arriving' but what many aspects of this rep you described above are something I noticed as well...but you know how it goes if you post about it many 'quick-shooters' here and elsewhere will call crap all over you, so I reserve those for my real-life reviews.

Apart from Hublots and some APs, the Hublot factory never really created a very close watch case when it comes to other watch brands, indeed. Their Breitling SAs are also very close, but when you start comparing an Avenger Skylands, BCEs and many others they churned out including their ultimate PAM reps they just don't cut it in that respect, IMO.

Many have sh@t on the Noob factory 111J S/S in general already, but IMO that watch even with all the modding required to get it there comes with a very good bones, and I'm pretty sure much closer case than the 177L. I'll be able to tell more and with more certainty once both of my 111 and 177 arrive for dissection. What 111J lacks is a decent quality xtal, the 177L comes by default with.

Stay well mate and enjoy this festive season with your family and friends :)

Merry Xmas!

b

Sorry mate, I wasnt pointing all that at you it was more you triggered it as I dont want to say this watch is perfect but its head and shoulders above anything else comparable...

Thanks mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wish you and the family the very best mate :drinks: I hope you have a great time.

Thanks for all your help and advice this year, both personally and on this forum. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

congrats, Pete...

terrific info...wear it well...can't wait to receive mine...

Merry Christmas, my friend!...

R-

Thanks Rob mate :)

Have a good one mate to you and yours :drinks:

And thank you for all your help in the past mate...its much appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...