When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's here! UVPO 42mm with DG4813 Mvmt

rcook

Placed my order on Dec. 17th, after many 'F5' hits to EMS and USPS (which you know makes it travel faster!) it arrived today.

First impressions... It's heavy! Makes my old Seiko SKX diver feel light :) Watch was running when I got it, the movement hacks and sounds like it handwinds as well. I set the time to the Atomic clock so I'll see how well it keeps time but I'm really not a big accuracy freak so as long as it's not loosing minutes a day I wont care. Bracelet is tight to the case, not used to having to push the buttons to secure the bracelet as well as remove it but that's ok. I thought I had a clasp problem but I had extended the divers extension and put it back wrong so my momentary heart attack was averted ;) Bezel rotates smoothly, 120 clicks I assume.

Question, the He valve? It turns but I just screwed it down. I won't be diving with this watch (never took my open water dive so I never got certified, but anyway...) so I assume I should just leave it screwed down?

I've never seen a gen outside of pics on the internet but I'll be damned if I could tell, if I had to say what would give this away in my eyes is that the second hand seems to curve upward at the tip towards the crystal -- this could simply be an optical illusion but for me that is the only thing that would give it away.

On to the admittedly poor pics. These are from my P&S, the DSLR is tucked away for now and I'm a bit busy with a kitchen painting project. If there are any pics I can provide just ask.

P1030056.JPGP1030057.JPG

P1030059.JPGP1030060.JPG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! Thanks for the pics. Have you resized the bracelet yet? Is it pins or screws?

Yes, I took out a half link and it fits perfectly for me. It uses pins not screws.

Nice, thanks for the pics, how's the date font and change over on the Asian DG4813? :)

Seems fine, is there something specific that I should look for? Date change works, I spun through all the days when setting it and I manually advanced it a full 24 hour cycle and it switched fine.

Looks excellent, I'm impressed, great value for the money!, will this directly take an ETA if the DG4813 is to crap out later. Assume the hands would be different?

Not sure you'll need to ask someone who takes these apart. From what I've heard if you were to swap to ETA you would need new hands but I can't confirm that.

Looks very good. How is the bracelet on it? good quality or should I go with a different combo? I was leaning on getting one with a leather or rubber strap on it. Looks very good, how long did it take from order to delivery? Wondering if I can get one by end of January lol

Looks very good. How is the bracelet on it? good quality or should I go with a different combo? I was leaning on getting one with a leather or rubber strap on it. Looks very good, how long did it take from order to delivery? Wondering if I can get one by end of January lol

Having never held a gen I can't say how it directly compares but it's very solid and high quality from what I'm able to see. The clasp seems 'finicky' if that's the right word, my Seiko SKX clasp seemed to work better in regards to the method of working, that I *have* to press the button to attach/remove the watch is odd I would have thought that I could just press harder and it would snap closed. That's not to say that this is a bad rep of the gen clasp, again I've never handled a gen so I can't say but it works and isn't going to fall off anytime soon.

With respect to getting the bracelet or the strap, I always get the bracelet on first purchase and buy a/the strap later. It's usually cheaper when dealing with gens, doesn't seem to be the case with reps -- one price for either, but I assume that buying a gen bracelet is much more than the gen strap.

Having never held a gen I can't say how it directly compares but it's very solid and high quality from what I'm able to see. The clasp seems 'finicky' if that's the right word, my Seiko SKX clasp seemed to work better in regards to the method of working, that I *have* to press the button to attach/remove the watch is odd I would have thought that I could just press harder and it would snap closed. That's not to say that this is a bad rep of the gen clasp, again I've never handled a gen so I can't say but it works and isn't going to fall off anytime soon.

With respect to getting the bracelet or the strap, I always get the bracelet on first purchase and buy a/the strap later. It's usually cheaper when dealing with gens, doesn't seem to be the case with reps -- one price for either, but I assume that buying a gen bracelet is much more than the gen strap.

Thanks for the information and reply. I will have to look into getting one of these.

Hi,

mind to take another photo of the back?

seems like the "horse" is very flat?

the clone version/ETA seems to have more 3D horse?

thanks

I should have time tomorrow to take more pictures but I can tell you that the 'flat-ness' of the horse is all the picture, it is very 3D.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 42mm version of one of these but it arrived somewhat DOA (12hr power reserve, studdering second hand). Instead of sending it back to the cartel I've ordered a new ETA from ofrei and will pop it in.

I've never owned an Omega rep because quite honestly theyre "attainable". Purchased this one after seeing the no happy feet dial and fit/finish and I must admit that this is by leaps and bounds better than any replica I've ever purchased.

The weight alone makes it worth the entrance fee, and the fit and finish are an added bonus. The AR is a bit too blue when compared to my speedy, and I may decide to just strip it all together. The crown and HEV arent as crisply cut as my other gen omegas and I may consider swapping them out since gen omega replacement parts arent nearly as expensive as one would think.

All in all a fantastic watch at an even better price. Well worth the price - just have some bad luck with mine not working straight out of the box.