When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hermes messenger bag & new style belt

edgematic1

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Hermes Messenger Bag, I've been looking on taobao and I found out there are reps of this available. Anyone who knows where I could source one? Taobao is only for chinese people.

@Kenberg: can you get these items as well?

Here are some pics of 2 types I like:

(first model is priced at $85, the Hermes Steve 35):

d4489c2d5a4391b392ccedba43a4a96f.jpg

don't know this model

hgNx3ByYxUJZUvb.jpg

I've also found some belts that I like, it's a new style from Hermes, they look more subtle than the H-belts, that's why I like them more, these are priced at about $10 on taobao:

T2zNlqXexaXXXXXXXX_!!80265703.jpg

• Like 1

Not at those prices are you sure they are not PU?

Ken

Edit to add; Look at the last belts you show, the keepers are stapled together!

Edit 2; look at the bags from shop C25, see the inside of the first bag? see the high sheen on the orange bag? They are both PU.

@edge:

I just bought an Aunt & Uncles bag. IT IS AMAZING!!! I sugget you to take a look in their website:

http://www.tascheundweg.de/epages/61855698.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61855698/Categories/Messenger

It's true the price is higher than rep bags, but I ensure you it worth it. The style is unique and the construction is very very good.

I just bought this one: http://www.tascheundweg.de/epages/61855698.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61855698/Products/%22Mr%20Wilson%2050203-2%22

good hunting!

Not at those prices are you sure they are not PU?

Ken

Edit to add; Look at the last belts you show, the keepers are stapled together!

Edit 2; look at the bags from shop C25, see the inside of the first bag? see the high sheen on the orange bag? They are both PU.

Ken, the first bag is not PU, the chinese seller assured me. Although I know your services are A+ so I'm interested in buying from you. Concepta recently sold the second model messenger bag on the forum, don't know if that is PU but it can be.

About the belts I also don't know about them.

Anyway, I'm sending you a PM :victory:

Oh and fitipaldi, thanks! Will definately have a look! But I really like the leather look that hermes bags have. And the steve model is not very known so no one will notice it's a hermes bag I guess.

Edited by edgematic1

Bicast leather (also known as bycast leather, split leather or PU. leather) is a split leather with a layer of polyurethane applied to the surface and then embossed. Bycast was originally made for the shoe industry and recently was adopted by the furniture industry. The resulting product is cheaper than top grain leather and has an artificially consistent texture that is easier to clean and maintain.

The use of the term "leather" in relation to this bicast treatment is considered a misrepresentation and therefore not permitted in the United Kingdom and New Zealand. Furniture made with bicast exhibits none of the characteristics associated with genuine leather; it will not develop a patina or suppleness nor otherwise "improve with age". With constant use the polyurethane layer will crack and split free of its backing.

• 4 weeks later...

You mean "Pleather"? or since this board is mainly about watches does PU = "PleathUhr"? LOL (Uhr = watch in German)

How about PU = "Pee Eehhhhuuuuu" (the smell!)

I would stay away from anything made from Polyurethane (i.e. Plastic, fake leather). It won't look good after a few uses, leather won't cost too much more, leather often becomes nicer with age

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we are talking about Hermes,can anyone help me out please?!

I've been searching for Hermers accessories, like their leather bracelets and cuffs, and especially their "Chaine d'Ancre" bracelet or accessories (anchor chain in French). (see attached pics).

I'm not too concerned if it does not look exactly like the picture, and there are lots of colors and variations, the pic is just to show you what I am looking for! There are several versions, (big or smaller chain/link), color (gold, silver, brass?). I have lots of pics available it anyone needs/wants more.

post-3363-0-99673100-1297967874.jpg post-3363-0-73744700-1297967857.jpg post-3363-0-69382300-1297967838.jpg

Leather Cuffs / Bracelet Examples (just giving examples of similar things I am looking for, doesn't have to be exactly the same!) Once again, I have lots of pics, just trying not to make the post too long!:

post-3363-0-38758700-1297968266.jpg post-3363-0-52836000-1297968226.jpg post-3363-0-29524800-1297969321.jpg post-3363-0-82427800-1297969750.jpg

Yes, there are lots of similar "anchor", "nautical", or "boating" chains out there...but men, you know how women can be! (sorry ladies, not trying to generalize or sound sexist, just talking about my gf!). My gf loves it, and I would really love to get her one.

If it says Hermes and has a nice orange box my gf seem to like it more (or her friends like it more, which means my gf will like it more!) LOL

Thank you very much for any help/leads! I REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

PU= pleather (plastic leather)

• 2 weeks later...