When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Due For A Phone Upgrade...

jonthebhoy

As the title says, I'm due an upgrade from three.co.uk

The tariff is sorted so I just need a bit of advice on what handset you might recommend.

My main personal criteria are:

Reasonable camera (>1 megapixel)

Bluetooth

mp3 capable

Not too bothered about video.

Any help would be appreciated.

JTB

Personally I use the HTC TyTN, but I guess for most people it's a bit over the top. But it's the best there is if you need a busness phone with all the bells and whistles. I've had these kind of phones for a couple of years, and I can't live without. Synching with Outlook, downloading e-mail and keeping my life organized....

127034-20161.jpg

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2006/3443.htm

I hear these are the 'in' thing now for fashionable young men about town and boulevardier such as yourself John.....might be worth looking into.....amazing what they can do with smoke...mirrors....and stickyback plastic...and twine...!

post-288-1159916104_thumb.jpg

If you want the best in exclusive phones then you can buy from these guys. They import japaneses electronics.

I have bought various things from them and they have good customer service and provide translated manuals for you.

They have the most cutting edge laptops money can buy also..

http://www.dynamism.com/index.shtml

I love my Palm Treo!

I am getting a Palm Treo 650 free as part of my plan upgrade... it is the CDMA one however. What do you use yours for apart from as an organiser and emails? I am just wondering if I should keep it or sell it?

I have another phone which is my private phone on the GSM network - Sony Ericsson 750i

Sony Ericsson K800i, a safe buy.. on a contract you'll get it at around $150 here in norway..

They say the Z710i is quite decent too..

W810i is good, I have had that myself..

I'm a Sony-Ericsson user lately, and have had few/no problems with my last 3 phones.

I am getting a Palm Treo 650 free as part of my plan upgrade... it is the CDMA one however. What do you use yours for apart from as an organiser and emails? I am just wondering if I should keep it or sell it?

I have another phone which is my private phone on the GSM network - Sony Ericsson 750i

Go to www.palm.com. It lists what the Treo can do and lists additional programs to purchase for different options. I can do on line banking with mine or just chill with a little MP3. The wife even has a photo album to ambush people with. We've been very happy with ours :D

Thanks guys..........most of these aren't available with my type of contract esp the Treos, however I have had my eye on the K800i as recommended by Everythingape. The 3.5 megapixel camera attracts me.

@ Neil - Might be fine for the upwardly mobile tank commander in Thailand but can't see me doing a Dom Jolly down Dumbarton High Street with that thing. :lol:

JTB

Since you are limited to 3 phones that is probably the best one for you, although I picked up a Sony K610i the other day over the K800 as its an absolutely stunning size and colour compared to the K800 which felt a bit bulky with the camera - only 2mp camera though and no light. The Nokia 6233 is an aboslutely stunning business phone and also a 3g handset if you dont get on with Sony's. K610 makes you realise that 3g handsets have come a looong way ! Comes down to your personal preference of size v/s camera in the end I guess

Which handset are on you on at the moment ? 6280 ? Here's a 6280 next to the 6233... yes I got a phone problem.

The obligatory phone w/ watch photo ;)

127340-20105.jpg

127340-20106.jpg

127340-20107.jpg

Edited by exper

Thanks for your help guys.

I currently have an LG 8180 on the Video & Talk & Text 350 tariff.

The camera is crap quite frankly.

Three are now messing me around a bit. The deal they phoned me about yesterday (half price rental for 14 months on my existing tariff) appears not to be available today (they now want me on a higher tariff to get the K800i).

I’ve told them I’m no longer interested and am now considering going to another provider.

I’ll let them chew on that for a while.

JTB

few years ago i was like totally mad about cell phones...had to have the best one....but since i noticed that i use it only for making calls...i decided to buy the mid range quality cell phones for small amount of $$$ - plus i have a great old nokia 6600 that can be of a lot of use for me but it isn't anymore pricy like it was when it was released...so if you need a business phone then get yourself a nice one...otherwise, get a mid range quality phone- an inexpensive nokia...and get a nice digi cam...and a nice mp3 player separately...

I recently bought the samsung d807. They have several versions of this that were rated among the best new phones by consumer reports. I got rid of my POS razor and this is one of the best phones I have ever had. The slide is cool and it has a 1.3mp camera.

Looks good but alas 3 don't do the Samsungs.

JTB

:phone: I recently upgrade with Orange a second Nokia 6230i, not groundbreaking but a good phone and I have the car kit. The main difference Orange, O2, & Vodaphone, are much better covered networks and are now competing with 3. But have better phones. Have a look around those guys.

Cheers Johnkaz. :phone: