When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Discover RWG for a Navi?...I did...life's never been the same...

hackR

thanks, Gents...

it's amazing what a little chieftang double ar and Z's transplant of an eta 4.5 datewheel makes...

this older version has the low-beat 7750 and a decorated rotor, too...runs smoothly and accurately...and the sunken nature of the dw in its window is less with this movement than the high beat...

IMO, this one is a classic Navitimer - the arabic dial in black is simply classic Breitling...

@divisible --> old skool model, long since discontinued and rare to find in the wild...haven't seen this version - sticks and/or arabic for sale in a very long time...added chieftang's double ar and an eta 4.5 datewheel...its a low beat a7750 movement, which actually lessens the sunken'ness of the datewheel in the window than the newer high beat a7750...

i have a definite preference of arabic (numbered) dials over stick dials...and IMO, besides the Fighters Series Navis (brushed 6-9-12 models), this piece defines what the Breitling brand is all about...

its one piece, i'll never part with it...its why i discovered RWG and this crazy world we play in...

R-

Looks awesome Rob. Its funny, I was reading a thread at RG yesterday where a newbie Navitimer fan wanted an opinion of the Navitimer rep. The guys over there had simply nothing good to say about it. We all know that it isn't perfect, but after owning mine for about 6 years I still wear it more often than any other watch and have yet to be called out on it. Today's rep enthusiasts are a different breed for sure, and are more concerned about perfection than the actual beauty of a watch.

Anyway, if I can find me a Breitling datewheel mine's going of to Zig for the same treatment!

hey A...

totally agree with you, my friend!...these pieces aren't perfect, but they wear and look terrific...an absolute classic...

figuring a breitling date wheel - especially a 4.5 - would be nearly impossible to find, i went with an eta...and as you can see, it makes a world of difference from the older rep one...worth a swap, for sure...the key is just to not wear this watch days 1-9...lol...

i just went over to RG and read that thread...clueless people...

R-

hey Mick...

which Breitling date font disk are you referring to?...thought most rep or "reid" Breitling date fonts discs/datewheels were secs@3?...haven't ever seen a 4.5 one...the secs@3 datewheel has a different alignment and will not display right in a 4.5 date window...

not sure if i'm missing anything here?!...

R-

Would a 3:00 datewheel be that far off? The way I figure it a datewheel is 360 degrees. With 31 numbers, thats about an 11.5 degree rotation per digit. As the date on the tricompax is at a 45 degree angle, that would mean that the date would read from the number 4 digets down which would be at an angle of roughly 46.5 degrees. Would 1.5 degrees really be that noticeable? anybody tried it?

Sweet watch, looks great! :)

Why not use the Breitling font date disc as an overlay onto the date disc below, that would work, no? You would just need to trim both discs down a little bit to create enough room, or even better, get the date raise mod done ;)

Really don't think their would be any room for an overlay Mickey. That transfer gear bridge is pretty tight and anything thicker than the original datewheel is probably going to bind up. I really don't understand why the manufacturer hasn't done a proper datewheel for this one. They did a proper one for the PO Chrono for christ sakes, why not the Navi?