When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Woohoo my Newman is here!

Guest Sql_pl

15024233.jpg

That looks like my record so far, posted on tuesday in USA, on my wrist on friday morning!

So what's the story? :whistling:

I had one 6263 back in around 2004, it was a so called EE6263, the very best vintage Daytona available back then.

Then I started to wear bigger and bigger pieces and my 6263 felt too small. Sold it in 2006 but every time someone posted pics of their DWs I felt the need to jump back in!

Finally managed to do that now! Funny thing is I bought an exotic dial one this time - and to be honest it would be my very last possible choice of a dial - but now that it is here I absolutely love it. As a bonus it does not have a shiny subdial flaw that I think would seriously bother me in regular 6263 dial. As an even bigger bonus my watch comes with a genuine swiss 7750, originally made as a tricompax chrono!! So no a7750 inhere, pure swiss tickin and clickin! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It also has gen T21 crystal, genuine crown and tube. I am happy. What is cool about vintage timepices is how it does not really matter if you have a piece of dust on a dial, some discoloration here or there, light scratches on hands, case, bracelet or if your chrono hands do not realy reset to dead-on zero! A rep heaven! :Jumpy::bangin:

Enough with the words. Eyecandy below!

72756593.jpg

28531625.jpg

47994526.jpg

65782789.jpg

51322049.jpg

First pics with it's younger and bigger sister (they look nice together!):

54188779.jpg

71557966.jpg

21490163.jpg

Current state of my Rolex collection:

17479755.jpg

1. V3 Sub with gen bezel insert, gen crystal, gen crown and tube

2. 116520 with gen.... everything

3. 6263 with gen crystal, crown and tube

And just one more pic... a wristie!

53968958.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lovely stuff!

@Sql_pl You may be interested to know the story with your EE6263. I had a gen crown and tube installed, also fitted a gen T21, changed the dial to silver and sourced a gen folded link bracelet from the 'bay. I wore the watch proudly for a few years until I weakened and a mate of mine, who had been drooling over it for ages, made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I sold it. He has now bought a V72 movement and a new silver V72 dial and the watch is going to be sent to Domenico to have the movement serviced and dropped into the EE case. Should be a real head turner when the work is done. So, even though it is very different from the watch you sold me, it still lives on and hopefully will give years of faithful service!

All the best :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A beauty. :wub::good:

Did the dial come from our DW or is it from another source? If DW, can you post a good, clear macro of the dial?

Bought it complete from member gavidoc so no idea about dial origins but I assume it is DW dial.

Interesting thing is it is powered by swiss 7750 with original 3,6,9 layout:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here is a better dial shot Freddy:

78495127.jpg

Lovely stuff!

@Sql_pl You may be interested to know the story with your EE6263. I had a gen crown and tube installed, also fitted a gen T21, changed the dial to silver and sourced a gen folded link bracelet from the 'bay. I wore the watch proudly for a few years until I weakened and a mate of mine, who had been drooling over it for ages, made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I sold it. He has now bought a V72 movement and a new silver V72 dial and the watch is going to be sent to Domenico to have the movement serviced and dropped into the EE case. Should be a real head turner when the work is done. So, even though it is very different from the watch you sold me, it still lives on and hopefully will give years of faithful service!

That's great to know! Do you have any pics to share of how it looked like after your mods?

And is your friend sure v72 will fit into ee 7750 case?

Nice photos of your beauty here :thumbsupsmileyanim::wub:

I just noticed that yours seems to have the same bent needle than mine, on the chrono seconds hand.

Do you think it's "normal" ? Just a question, it made me upset !

I don't know if I'm picky, or not :whistling:

Anyways, great piece here :good:

Lovely stuff!

It is very rare to read about what happens to a watch from it's beginnings so I will add to this story. I was the original owner of the EE6263 in question and still very much regret selling to M!!! I still think it was one of the best visually and it came with 2 bezels and a box set! They were around a $1000 back in the day which was a lot of money for a rep even by today's super rep standards!

I knew very litle about modding with gen parts back then and it would be great to see how it looks after the transplant!

I wonder if ExtraExtra still has any lying around!!

Congrats on your latest purchase M!

Yes, these EE6263s were so exciting back then. Round $1k. Difficult to obtain. I think there was only a total of like 4-5 pieces spread between forums. And yes, they did come with 2 bezels, vintage inner box, vintage outer box (guess what was my background in very first pics of this thread :) :) ) and even papers (Cosmograph booklet and Warranty!). Nice package!

I still remember the day I received it from Paul - watcher. To be honest I even remember that specific smell of that vintage box that came with it. No matter how weird that may sound :)

One more pic from today:

14988255.jpg

I have to say after a day I really love this piece!! I think I will skip Yuki bracelet step and go for gen 78350. But which endlinks would fit my case best? Any experiences? Most 78350s come with 557 endlinks - are they OK with 6263 cases?