When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WhatNoThursdayWristieYet?

hiker01

Very nice L!!!! So what are you going to do with the other sm300?:whistling:

If I can't find a Cal.565 for cheap (very likely, given current prices), I'd like to find out if an ETA can take its place!

wheaton26: It's an Omega Seamaster 300 (166.0324). Pure franken made out of NOS parts, except for the movement, which is an early-60s Cal.552. 40mm diameter, wears closer to the wrist than a Speedmaster.

i'm really digging this omega! i assume it's an older model ... could you give me some more details (name, model #, size, etc.)? thanks in advance. oh, and i'm going with the 312 today ...

+1 on that...and its shark proof with that bracelet!!! :) :)

LH has done some fantastic pics with this watch...makes me drool....

And not to mention that lovely 312.....:bounce:

wheaton26: It's an Omega Seamaster 300 (166.0324). Pure franken made out of NOS parts, except for the movement, which is an early-60s Cal.552. 40mm diameter, wears closer to the wrist than a Speedmaster.

thanks for the quick reply. i love the simplicity of it and am going to keep my eye open for a used one. all the best.

I was just about to start one--I swear!

Omega calls it a Milanese, but to you and me it's a mesh:

1219171765_4QuWH-X3.jpg

Damn LHOOQ, I've been following you like a dog over this watch, I love it! Is the mesh oem Omega from Cousins or did u pick it up else where? Ive got the older Royal Navy rep version that I dont wear any more due to the stubby bezel, but a cool mesh might just give it new life. If from Cousins, do u recall the part#, their search feature is tedious!

Also, is the number lume on the insert raised, or is it layered like the Polprof?

Thanks.. and sorry for the wrist check hounding, you just threw me over the edge on this one : )

Damn LHOOQ, I've been following you like a dog over this watch, I love it!

Thanks, mattheis! All the parts came from Cousins. At the time, it was the cheapest source for a new Omega mesh. Mind you, this seems to change from month to month, so check with Ofrei before making an order. You want "Omega 020ST1380237 Stainless Steel Bracelet (X21261)"

Bezel lume is applied to the underside of the insert. It looks terrific, and it's one of the reasons why I upgraded from my old Vietnam case to a proper Omega replacement. Yes, it's a high price to pay for a lumed bezel... but just look at it!