When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Engraved Tudor Prince Oysterdate Case Back

jmb

I finally finished my CAD tracing of the case-back engraving on my gen Prince Oysterdate example and processed it into CNC G-Code. My coated carbide engraving bits came in today so I pulled out an old case back I had been experimenting with and gave it a whirl. I had to machine a fixture to hold the case back that could be clamped down to the work surface on the engraver so once that was finished I screwed the case-back onto the fixture and let 'er rip! I should be able to engrave on pretty much anything that is flat and I can do a tracing of whatever into AutoCad and make a G-Code file from it. I'm almost excited... :1a:

post-24124-0-02696000-1301361289.jpg

I have done the case-back on my Ranger. I still have a little nubbin in the middle of the case back due to having to turn off the current Prince Date era engraving in the lathe. I think I will use the mill to remove the current engraving on the next one. Nubbin aside, I engraved at half the depth of my first test and I think it turned out fairly well. I'll get some better pics if the sun ever comes back out!

Hopefully I will be able to bring some relief to the oft' neglected Tudor Community!

post-24124-0-81149800-1301437314.jpg

• 1 year later...