When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PC prices gone up?

Polynomial

Has anybody noticed the $20 price jump on Perfect Clones? Can't open Andrew's site, but I suppose he's updating his prices too... Not sure if this is across all brands, but surely seems to be the case for U-Boats and PAMs. Has USD depreciated in China or something?

No idea why PC's prices have gone up, but the $ has been on a (severe) downward slide for the past couple of years. Rolex just upped their prices, significantly, likely for that reason.

Interestingly, there was a downward trend in the rep prices over the same period (for newly released models at least), the 'super-reps' came down from 400+ to 200+ range, so it was not clear that exchange rates were driving the rep prices. Seems it kicked in eventually...

Has anybody noticed the $20 price jump on Perfect Clones? Can't open Andrew's site, but I suppose he's updating his prices too... Not sure if this is across all brands, but surely seems to be the case for U-Boats and PAMs. Has USD depreciated in China or something?

I just checked the last few watches I bought from Josh and the prices were exactly the same as when i bought them. All three were the new pams.

Edit: and even the ones I've had my eye on are the same. OP, are you sure the prices went up at all?

I think everyone is getting kicked in the teeth with the dollar weakness.I frequently visit a couple of smaller manufacturer's forums on WUS (MKII and Ocean 7). Both of the owners are raising prices, as everything is going up. Prices of cases and sapphire glass have gone up, and it looks like from what they are saying, movements are getting harder to come by and pricier. Higher grade ETA movements are pretty scarce. One of the owners said that he only had a few chronometer grade movements on hand, and doesn't have any idea when he can get more.Hard to tell whether it's just the factories decreasing production a year or so back when the economic situation was bleaker and they haven't caught up yet, or the Swatch group is really putting the screws to smaller watch manufacturers. I would suspect that it's probably a combination of both. From Swatch Group's viewpoint, they are helping their competition by selling movements, which are placed in watches that compete directly with quite a few of the Swatch Group's lower to moderate priced brands.

I haven't checked every watch on Joshua's site obviously, but I agree. The ones I looked at, and have on my wish list, have gone up in price.

Then again, everything else seems to be going up as well, so I guess us rep buyers shouldn't be any different!

Most of the Dealers seem to be down again, can't even get on WatchEden!!

We have had a VAT rise here in the UK, not sure if that would have a knock on effect?!

But lets face it, all currencies in general are taking a pounding right now!

Sixx :bones:

Anyone got a link please to his site my link keeps timing out.. so I guess its out of date and there aint an update I can see in his section

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But lets face it, all currencies in general are taking a pounding right now!

The Canuck Buck is always on the rise!,good ol oil.... 8)

Bought a couple watches from Josh recently,he whined about the USD being worth about the same as the Mexican peso these days (maybe the price hike reason?),i offered him some of my many Canuck Bucks and he still didn't want them...we just get no respect... :lol: