When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Many Watches Do You Travel With?

section8

I'm on a business trip right now and i brought 3 watches with me, my 2 gen TAGs and a rep Breitling Bentley. I"m sitting here bored out of my mind in my hotel room and i was wondering how many of you bring mulitlple watches when you travel?

This is my first trip since i've had more than 1 decent watch. I feel a little nervous having them all with me, but i love to change out watches everyday now that i can.

Usually 2. One on the wrist, one in my carry on. Sort of depends where Im going and for how long too. But like jkpadget2 said, if its international, I don't want to give customs a reason to tax me (not that i have ever been stopped by customs, and my passport is almost filled with stamps after having it for only 5 years).

For example, imagine having US-customs insist that the 2 Rolexes in your bag are genuine, that you purchased them on your trip, and that they want to charge you 10% duty on the retail price of say... $5000??

After a certain point, why would you need more than 2 watches on a trip? A sport/diver & a dressy watch.

I'm on a business trip right now and i brought 3 watches with me, my 2 gen TAGs and a rep Breitling Bentley. I"m sitting here bored out of my mind in my hotel room and i was wondering how many of you bring mulitlple watches when you travel?

I travel about once a week--usually w/ two watches: one gold, one silver, both of which can hopefully be worn with the business suit and whatever casual clothes I bring. Last week they were a rep TT TOG and the gen JLC Master Hometime.

when are we going to see the 30kg of watches from your last trip?

Just follow the signature link and you'll see a good few of them!

Normal order of things on return:

1. Pre orders

2. Personal sellers/ sales

3. Email to all customers for 'cherry picking'

4. Internet listings

Just about finishing # 2 at present

Why do I get the odd feeling that the readership of these forums are of a small group of people that would actually carry more than (let alone own more than) one watch. My wife thinks I'm nuts... I'll take two on a weekend camping trip.

Of course on almost any trip... the sport/diver and then a more dressy watch. Flying in country.. I just lock any spare watches into my rifle case... they x-ray that but don't (can't) open it.

I flew into a nice EU city a few monthes back with my sister... she knows about my habit with the watches.... She was nice enough to place my spares into the Diplomatic Pouch she was carrying... (guess her line of work?)... that easily takes care of customs/import duty issues... I need one of those pouches for my own use... that'd be sweet.

Usually 5 or 6 gen's and 2 or 3 dozen reps.....I never know what mood I'l be in....I have beern on a 6 week trip as we speak, and have only worn 6 or 7 of the 30 or more watches I'm carrying....I've fallen in love with a Pam 192 Titanium on a strap lately, and it's my daily wear these days.....But I'm awaiting a Sub from TTK that'll probably change my life for a week or two!!...Reps make variety practical, and that's... "a good thing"... :):):)