When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silver Tudor Prince Date Chronograph Revisited...

jmb

I decided to put the finishing touches on this watch after a lot of procrastinating and it made me wonder why it took me so long!! This is my first Franken and never would have happened if not for the generous nature of Ubi and Lani. In fact, now that I think back on things, it's their fault that I've become a Franken Junkie! Oh, my poor bank account...

But, I digress, I'm here to highlight my completion of this project! :whistling:

This started life as a rep Daytona case and an A7750 from Ubi:

movement%201.JPG

case%201.JPG

... and a gen dial from Lani.

dial%201.JPG

And Chris (at the now departed eurotimez) scored me a set of A7750 rep Daytona Hands:

hands%20installed%201.JPG

All of these parts assembled easily and I had this:

done%203.JPG

I was pumped and loved it, but then the growing desire for the more correct bug bit me and I started noticing faults that prevented me from wearing it very much. In the nick of time justasgood came to the rescue with a gen Crown and that gave the project a new lease on life:

PDC_BMW%207.JPG

Then the cyclops position, being in the "Rolex" position, started bugging me so it went back into the box. Several weeks ago the "spirit moved me" and I removed the cyclops and glued it back on in the "Tudor" position:

Silver%20PDC%20Final%2011.jpg

I later engraved the case-back:

PDC%20Case%20back.JPG

Finally, for some strange reason, this morning I got up, pulled it out of the box, and decided to put on the finishing touches. All that was remaining was to drill the lugs, brush the tops of the lugs, and finalize on the bracelet. Here is how it turned out and I now have no reason/excuse not to wear it!

Silver%20PDC%20Final%201.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%202.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%203.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%204.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%205.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%206.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%207.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%208.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%209.jpg

Silver%20PDC%20Final%2010.jpg

Thanks for looking...

I've seen (in pics) dark green, dark blue, black, red, burgundy, silver, panda, you name it. I guess this one would be a replication of a 79280...

I also have this one courtesy of Chiman:

Blue%20PDC%201.JPG