When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 1675 GMT-Master rep?

chrgod

I'm pretty sure this is new, Josh has been talking about this one for awhile.

I see two versions for each color, a white dial and darker "aged" dial. The aged doesn't look all that good to me.

Rehuat and lugholes look pretty good..wonder is it is really gen like clipon bezel construction? ....I'm still not happy about my 1665 bezel that said that..and wasn't :(

Think the bezel theets is wrong..Submariner bezel. The GMT-Master has a great varity of different dials, cases and bezels. The crown guards looks to be the same as on my 1655 rep. The GMT-hand is a thad too thick, the always do that. But all in all, I think it looks good. :)

post-666-0-15509500-1315157577.jpg

post-666-0-08877800-1315157583.jpg

I get the feeling that the cartel tried to make a 1675 on the cheap, using as many off-the-shelf parts as possible. Other than the Jubilee bracelet (which is an odd mix of D-links and a vintage-style clasp), there is little gained by using this rep, instead of a cartel 1655, as a base for a proper GMT. Dial and hands, maybe, but are they good enough to keep?

Far from 1:1

wrong case, crown, bezel, GMT hand and caseback.

The only improvement is the engraving which nobody sees anyways!

You'd still be needing all the other mods, you needed on the 1655, since it's the 1655 case.

new bezel

new insert

gen dial

new hands

polished round caseback??? WTF.... you need a brushed flattened one

cg shaving

I bet all in all it will still be cheaper to use the 1655 as a converter to 1675.

Far from 1:1

wrong case, crown, bezel, GMT hand and caseback.

Well , the dealers have learnt. This is not advertised as a "1:1 copy", it is a "I:1 copy"... :whistling:

Even with the flaws, I personally thinks it is a decent out of the box replica. One thing that buggers me is that it seems to have the fat case, as the 1655-replica has. I have ruined an otherwise nice watch by grinding down the case.. As long as the lugholes are in relative good location and there is no "date" on the dial, I am happy. Sometimes almost must be "good enough".

Nice reference pictures of a 1969 genuine. Sems like the lugholes still is 1.0mm and not 1.2mm:

post-666-0-03449500-1315248310.jpg

post-666-0-20879300-1315248316.jpg

1655 case :bicycle: .. whatever you do - the CGs will never look right - gen tube and crown can

not be properly installed ...

but it saves a few $$z if the bezel has an retaining ring that will fit an aftermarked bezel.

hands, dial and insert i would keep - i just would bleach the insert, age the case and swap bracelets = decent beater, but not very accurate ;)

cheers,

Frank

Well , the dealers have learnt. This is not advertised as a "1:1 copy", it is a "I:1 copy"... :whistling:

Even with the flaws, I personally thinks it is a decent out of the box replica. One thing that buggers me is that it seems to have the fat case, as the 1655-replica has. I have ruined an otherwise nice watch by grinding down the case.. As long as the lugholes are in relative good location and there is no "date" on the dial, I am happy. Sometimes almost must be "good enough".

Nice reference pictures of a 1969 genuine. Sems like the lugholes still is 1.0mm and not 1.2mm:

It also states in the description "bezel clip on construction exactly similar to genuine..."

"exactly similar!!???" :blink:

Yeah, I know its probably a translation thing, but I just could not resist in poking at it :bicycle: .

For me, it still seems like there is no such thing as a vintage GMT that looks even close to being right, but we always appreciate the effort.

Cheers B)

Edited by southcoast68

I just noticed that Andrew has come out with bracelet options, rivetted and folded oyster in addition to the jubilee

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=1675

Josh has all of the bracelet options now, too. The aged orange indices look a little too much, IMO.

I think it's fairly nice rep. Nothing spectacular though.

The crown guards are the biggest issue (as usual). 1675 cg's aren't "spiky" like that, but square... those are a bit too short and spiky.

But not all bad. Best OTB 1675 anyway.