When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally the waiting is over , up to the next step.

Cats

Guys thanks again for all your support and positive thoughts.

I've been to the hospital today to discuss the next step(s).

The tumor in the rib on the right hand side is fairly stable but the tumor in the left hand rib caused a broken rib now.

I feel like a cheap Chinese movement failing a part piece by piece :)

The painkillers that i eat by the dozen control the pain so no worry.

There is an additional problem popping up , they suspect that there is a new tumor developing in my thorax dorsal.

End of October i will get a bone scan again and then the treatment will be determined.

If the thorax dorsal is a new tumor they will start radiation therapy and if it's not a new tumor my 2 ribs will be removed in 2 separate operations.

Fortunately the doctors don't see the situation as a critical one so we can still see the sunny side of life.

I'll keep you all updated.

Carpe Diem

Cats

• 3 weeks later...

Dear members

Thanks for all the prayers , positive energy , and PM’s during the last few weeks

in my battle against Kidney cancer.

After living in hope and despair for the last few weeks finally the waiting is over.

A new chapter in my life started today.

The outcome of the MRI of my skull showed a tumor with a size of 13mm in the right hand side in the top part of my skull.

In the last 3 months 3 new tumors popped up and the medical staff decided not to operate anymore

because the illness is developing rapidly in a negative way and the surgery is too risky.

Next coming weeks I will be treated with radiation therapy.

The toughest part is to except that it back in an aggressive way and that there will be a lot of uncertainty for me and my family for the rest of my life.

The positive part of the situation is that I don’t have to go into surgery twice and that the pain will be gone after a few sessions of radiation therapy.

More then ever CARPE DIEM will be my slogan.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I wish you and your family the strength to deal with this over the coming months....

'Nil desperandum' my friend.... my thoughts are with you :)