When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new purchase

krbarnes

Let's just say that this one isn't a rep.

I picked this up locally from the original owner. It was purchased around here in 1995. It's a W-serial 16610. Had EVERYTHING with it - box, manuals, original certificate/paperwork, hangtags with serial nubmer, pricetag with serial number -- still has the original green sticker on the caseback.

I've owned a WM9 V2, a WM9 V3, and a couple of other Sub reps, but I have to say that there is nothing like the real thing!

Looking good!

I have a replacement dial on my 16800, c. 1998 and it still glows like a torch. Turns out Rolex took some of the last tritium dials and lumed them with luminova- dial still says 'Swiss- T<25'. Made me think you could have pbdad relume your dial and hands and then it would all glow!

P1000246-2-1-2-1.jpg

Crappy pic, but trust me! It still glows.

I bought a brand new never worn DJ from a dealer who went out of business in Pittsburgh. 1993 serial with dead tritium dial!!! After reading that bit about Rolex applying luminova to tritium dials I think I'm gonna drop it in the mail to PBdad today :-)

I bought a brand new never worn DJ from a dealer who went out of business in Pittsburgh. 1993 serial with dead tritium dial!!! After reading that bit about Rolex applying luminova to tritium dials I think I'm gonna drop it in the mail to PBdad today :-)

I was pretty impressed with the job PBdad did reluming my aftermarket (Yuki) 16660 matte SD dial- it was flawless

photo21.jpg

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pic...