When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any reviews of the newer 3135 superclone subs?

charlesdayton

"I am really interested but if it does not take gen parts then where would one get parts for it? I do not want a mystery movement issue."

I doubt many genuine parts will fit (if any) but that really does not matter a whole lot as genuine parts are getting very hard to find and too expen$ive anyway.

If this movement turns out to be good enough to be worth the trouble and expense of buying a complete watch just to get the movement...I see it as worth more (to me anyway) for making Frankenstein DJ, OPD etc with genuine cases/dials than in outright replicas. After all, swissetas/etaclones are pretty good for replicas and parts are easy to get.

Besides...you can't see through the caseback.

So...what is really needed is only the 3135 superclone movement imho.

Otoh, the YM with the superclone 3135 is pretty nice so if I wanted a real nice YM, I might spend an extra $100 for the superclone 3135 (also because a 'swisseta' might not be swiss made).

...but nice 'swisseta' powered submariners are everywhere.

Matter of fact, my nice 'swisseta' submariner filled up on me again yesterday while washing my hands/arms. I pitched it in the junk box and put my 'old reliable' (14 yo quartz!) TAG/Heuer back on.

Roll call...

My genuine TAG/Heuer WK1120 in 14 years = a few 50 cent batteries and gaskets (paid $150 for it 'like new'). Now worth $200 to $300 (+$100+/-).

Someone else's genuine 16610 Submariner in 14 years = $1000+ for 'authorized service' (cost about $3500 new). Now worth $3500 to $4000 (-$1000+/-).

My nice replica 'swisseta' 16610 submariner in the last few months = numerous drownings (paid $250). Now worth $0 to $50 (-$200+/-). :snorkel:

I just want to know that I can find someone to service is and find parts for it if needed. The movement, gen dial, insert, and crown and I am ready to go.

that might be tricky. since its not exactly the same as gen, any watch maker can tell its not exactly the same too and may refuse to work on it. also where would you find a replacement balance wheel if you needed it? the rep 3135 balance wheel is not gen like. rolex parts are also sky high so any parts that do indeed fit will cost ya hundreds.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I received from Domenico the SA3135 Pictures now .

It's from PureTime's 16610.

GOOD NEWS ARE:

It Accept GEN DIAL

It Accept GEN Hands

It Accept Gen 3135 DW

It run perfectly and it's a perfect time keeper, the DW is perfect running too.

I suppose it's a V2 movement version already.

I'm very happy for this great improvement. :air_kiss:

See pictures....... :euro:

BUD NEWS are :

The Case is not 1:1 , it's a real cheap case like a 50$ canal street SUB! :confused:

It's impossible for me to use that case. :bangin:

dsc09448x.jpg

dsc09447y.jpg

dsc09445xe.jpg

dsc09446d.jpg

Gen dial testing fit:

dsc09451v.jpg