When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3135 true clone?

parny

The source is the website the watch is found on, scroll down and read.

"This movement accepts gen dial and hands and you can put this movement into a gen case. When you adjust the time, the hands rotates in the same direction as you rotate the crown, same as genuine."

angus seems to be selling them after a short recall. guess people are curious but skeptical, dont want to be out the $500 price tag if it turns out to be lemon.

the watch itself looks very decent, maybe people dont want an LV only offering.

once a review is written and the findings are favorable im sure many will be sold.

if a black sub model is available and the movement is reliable and fits gen parts (although i doubt its 100% the balance wheel im betting is not interchangeable)

id give it a go, get a gen datewheel, insert, maybe get some lug holes drilled out , oohh thatd be sweet.

angus seems to be selling them after a short recall. guess people are curious but skeptical, dont want to be out the $500 price tag if it turns out to be lemon.

the watch itself looks very decent, maybe people dont want an LV only offering.

once a review is written and the findings are favorable im sure many will be sold.

if a black sub model is available and the movement is reliable and fits gen parts (although i doubt its 100% the balance wheel im betting is not interchangeable)

id give it a go, get a gen datewheel, insert, maybe get some lug holes drilled out , oohh thatd be sweet.

+1

the black sub is available - there is a nice video too : http://puretimewatch.com/product/submariner-16610-ln-sa3135-best-edition/

but it looks like the bezel construction is not 1:1 which holds me back ...

cheers,

Frank

ahh thanks for the link +video.

not 1:1 bezel huh. thats pretty disappointing, i wonder how well it fits a gen insert then.

hmm that video tells a lot

low sitting crown, non centered date -its left justified, non recessed insert, tall crystal. maybe it was the lens but the rehaut even looked a bit curvy.

bracelet looked pretty nice though, even had the off center "push button" for the diving extension

now if only they could make a rep 93150 correctly

I wish somone would buy and disect one.

Too bad about the bezel construction. If they had done the right case with the new movement and all of it was at least close to 1:1, they'd sell like hotcakes. They come so close on so many aspects of these watches, I wonder why there is always some major construction flaw on any given model. Surely they read the boards and they must know what we want. All of the parts that we swap could be made like crap on the watch...just get the 1:1 basic correct.

I wish somone would buy and disect one.

Too bad about the bezel construction. If they had done the right case with the new movement and all of it was at least close to 1:1, they'd sell like hotcakes. They come so close on so many aspects of these watches, I wonder why there is always some major construction flaw on any given model. Surely they read the boards and they must know what we want. All of the parts that we swap could be made like crap on the watch...just get the 1:1 basic correct.

I think they purposely introduce small margin of errors while 'fixing' older problems whenever they release a new watch. I don't think they want to do a true 1:1 to avoid a SWAT team kicking down their doors. Remember the Omega Seamaster ordeal back then? The rep was so good that even rwg members couldn't tell a Rep from a Gen with a few minor mods. The HE valve was in the correct position, which usually is a dead give away when those reps. Anyway, Omega had to do something to stop them from producing. That's all I remember reading from the old rwg.

Edited by the playful eyes