When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM029 N-maker

slask111

I just don't understand what the issue with movement is? I know the gen has 2893/2 but what's wrong with the standard movement? Why stress about something you can't see. Seems a strange criteria if it prevents you from having what looks to be a great watch. Seems a bit cutting nose off despite face

I think the main reason is the fact you cant adjust the GMT hand as per the gen...

But other than that mate you are right :)

So Pete in what way is it not like the Gen? Forgive my ignorance but its not like the CHS rolex GMT's , I've had a A21J versions of GMT's and even they were ok , Date changes if you move Crown anti-clockwise & moves GMT hand if you move it clockwise.. is it the GMT hand moving rather than the hour hand ?

• Like 1

Hi ST :)

On the gen the GMT or correct 2893 hand can be moved by turning crown upwards in first setting (Date setting) the hand clicks round on the GMT hour points (minute markers) this rep just moves around like the hour hand... its a faux setting for the GMT hand ... so to speak..

Ebzen - A lot of guys with the gen are saying this lume is accurate for this rep....both uncharged and charged....

I agree it looks off to me too... but these guys are knowedgeable and reliable so I take their word for it :)

Owning a number of 2836 with GMT modification I can say that the GMT hand jumps in hourly increments. I will say that this has also failed requiring repair and that the jump was noticeably less crisp when having issues. The watchmakers aren't fond of 2836 GMT reliability and this makes sense from my experience. 2893 GMTs are rock solid and should be able to fit this case, but I don't know if hands will...

Edited by Jurgenk