When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm ready to clean my watch movements now

redwatch

Just arrived in the mail today, my new Bulova Watchmaster WT Ultrasonic Cleaning system. Now that I have a watch timing machine, and new oilers & oils, all I needed was an ultrasonic cleaner to clean up the watch movement parts before I attempt to oil it. Found this on the internet from New Jersey and had to jump on it :D

b442a414.jpg

Thanks guys.

@Jkay - go big or go home has always been my motto! When I dive into a hobby, I go all the way. Besides, just like building a Franken watch, finding these gems is more fun than using them :D

I have to say.... using an Ultrasonic Cleaner from the 70's that is powered with Vacuum tubes is somewhat satisfying!!! Love seeing those 6CD6 power tubes glow away!

So after you get one movement torn all the way apart, get it put back together and operating properly... I'll send you some of mine?

Nice buy, and be sure to keep us all updated on how your project is going.

ahhh shhhhhoooot! That thing looks like it could survive a nuclear holocaust

Actually, it probably could, since it would be nearly immune to the damaging current bursts caused by the electromagnetic waves resulting from the nuclear detonation...

fun fact; most Russian military aircraft use tubes for this reason Most aircraft using microprocessors suffer from this vulnerability. Russia still has a 'tube' industry to this day, which also keeps the vintage audiophiles happy

Nice unit. Where did you find it? Stock up on cleaning solution yet? Looks like it will hold quite a bit.

Just ordered some cleaning solutions for it today. Got the following:

Zenith Formula 67 Cleaning Fluid Non-Ammoniated 206

Zenith Drizebrite Rinsing Solution

Can't wait to try it out on one of my A6497's :D

Can I be your first customer? I have a few waiting.......are you gonna be our VAC of the West from now own? You should be able to recover the cost of this baby pretty soon!

Congrats S! PM me when your ready...........

Can I be your first customer? I have a few waiting.......are you gonna be our VAC of the West from now own? You should be able to recover the cost of this baby pretty soon! Congrats S! PM me when your ready...........

Now wouldn't that be something???? :D No where near ready for anything like that yet F, but maybe someday :tu:

Congratulations on getting a proper cleaner. Now, have you got a 2nd job to fund the cleaning/rinsing soups? ;)

No kidding. That stuff is not cheap at all, and I imagine one would go through those gallon bottles fairly quickly.