When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's been a long time...

yellomen

Hi guys,

It's been a few years since I visited RWG, since I quit reps and my life is just too busy. Now I still have this 1665 that I would love to get a gen caliber 1570, however... who to turn to these days?

Besides that I also have some thing laying around that I'd like to sell, like a Datejust (original Rolex case, jubilee bracelet, dial, crystal and crown, Tudor hands and ETA mvt.), several Panerai parts like gen crowns, etc. I really have no clue anymore what to ask for most of the parts.

I hope some one will be so kind to helping me to sell the DJ and parts and find someone to work on my old 1665 SD (originally modded by Oliver).

Besides that I'm also curious who of the old gang is still around... :)

Glad to see you back.

You can sell the DJ in the For Sale section & Ziggy is still the best for modding/repair. You can often find 1575 movements (either alone or within 1 of the many 60s/70s Rolex models that contained them) on ebay. Expect to spend around $1,000 +/- $200 for the movement. You can find a fairly useful listing of 1575-powered models here.

Thanx Freddy!

Good to see you're still around and also good to learn Ziggy is still mod-king of the forum :-)

Guess I'll put the DJ and Panerai parts in the sales corner. Do anyone have an advice on a reasonable price for the DJ (as said... Rolex except the hands (Tudor) and movement (ETA)).

Hi guys,

It might sound strange... but it feels very familiar here and it brings back so many memories!

Later this week I'll make some photos of the DJ and will dig up the parts (gen Submariner dials and old rep bracelet parts, maybe even a crown) and post them in the trading zone as well.

Do you guys still organize meetings like in Brussels at Stephane's?

Hi Frank good to see you posting again. I still have my drsd modded by Oliver and wearing it rigth now.

There are some great members around here who can do a great job on your drsd.

If you need any info shoot me a PM.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Ah, well, GTGs should be better in the future Frank.

The last one was indeed smaller: Modelizer, Andy, a couple of friends...but Berlin was super and the evening too.

In 2012 we won't be asking the membership where they want to go!

We'll go to Malmö :)

So, unless Modelizer change his mind, which I doubt, you can already note Malmö in your agenda as the next EU "official" GTG :)

I will attend for sure, whenever it is.

Hi F.,

nice to see you here around!

I have also quit to be active in reps like before, but that's not a reason to quit this nice community with some great guys - and the reps are tempting me every time again! They get better and better, and the Frankenwatches closer and closer to the gens...:D

Would be nice to met again, like in cologne! It was a great GTG...

All the best, my friend!

Ah, well, GTGs should be better in the future Frank.

The last one was indeed smaller: Modelizer, Andy, a couple of friends...but Berlin was super and the evening too.

In 2012 we won't be asking the membership where they want to go!

We'll go to Malmö :)

So, unless Modelizer change his mind, which I doubt, you can already note Malmö in your agenda as the next EU "official" GTG :)

I will attend for sure, whenever it is.

Indeed, the last GTG was super small - despite the fact that Berlin won the the poll with 20+ votes, so a couple of peeps went MIA. BUT we did have a fantastic evening anyway! I think Berlin is still recovering.. :lol:

As for the next one.. I'll be happy to host it! In fact, I have already started to hammer the iron and will get back with more info with good time margins..