When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Tudor got a pearl finally

woof*

I found these on eBay from a suggestion from a member.

I think I have purchased 3 or 4 different kinds of rep trit/ lumi pearls.

Ofreis and yuki's are nice, but so far I really like these. The sellers ad reads like nos that he's vintage lumed. But I haven't asked him what they are.

This is what they look like

f8fca273.jpg

My Tudor with Jmb rose dial has needed a pearl for a long time....and now I think it's done. :)

36abf231.jpg

fe0f70c3.jpg

They were 57$ for two...including shipping. Not cheap, but not bad.

eBay seller watchesandparts. Located in Hong Kong, about two weeks delivery.

They aren't completly filled with material inside, that could be changed. I like the color for this watch though. :)

I've used those pearls too, they're very nice; the clear part is very clear and that's hard to find.

I bought some from Yuki and after some polishing they were very glossy and clear too but the lume was wrong. So I dug one out with a pin cut off like a drill, then I custom blended some appliance "bone" lacquer with other chunky tints and filled it. And it almost came out as nice as these!

Yeah Nanuq, I was thinking they were clearer than the others.

Only the inside the "cap" if you could call it that, was painted. The majority of the inner cavity is empty. It would be easy to change color.

His text in the auction reads like they are genuine......sorta

"new old stock original plastic luminous dot (according to market demand, it has been refilled with non-bright old luminous) for various vintage Rolex submariner models' bezel use, diameter is 2mm"

I have a brand new 5513 insert here with lumi pearl, and other than color they look alike.

I'm going to compare them under magnification tomorrow.

Oh, that's nice. Can we have one BIG photo straight on, of the installed completed dial? I'm thinking of begging JMB for a gilt small rose dial.

..................like I need another piece to put into the rotation!