When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another AP Diver - This one Vaclumified + AR...with a Twist!

hiker01

From the Factory:

apdiverindasand2.jpg

Just arrived from the Southern SPA:

Relumed and AR'ed.........

18306598.jpg

12oclock.jpg

apdiverv.jpg

and the Lume shot:

vaclumediver.jpg

Pressure tested to 10ATM!

J's work is always impeccable......his AR Service is amazing, I just wish he does the Date Mag X-TAL, too! IMHO; it has to be done on this watch!

and here's the twist......I ordered a GEN APDiver Rubber Strap for it.......some comparison shots:

Top is REP:

diverstrapshort.jpg

Bottom is REP:

diverstraplong.jpg

Side by side: Gen is on the RIGHT......

diverstraplongsbs.jpg

diverstrapshortsbs1.jpg

apdiverv1.jpg

Another Tell is the groove....the Gen comes to an end while the Rep flows out.....

The REP Manufacturers have done an excellent job on their strap....it's pretty close, and you have to have it side-by-side to tell the difference

as you can see from the pictures. The Telltale signs from the outside is the density of the Rubber Material. If you look at it sideways, the thickness

is also noticeable....the REP is slightly thicker. The feel is also different, the GEN is stiffer and seems tougher than the Rep. Some people might

actually prefer the REP due to it's softness and pliability.

Is it worth the $200+shipping cost, maybe? At least you know you have at least half of a GEN on your wrist!

• Like 1

Great job, this relume is fantastic and takes it a big step closer to the gen. AR is definitely a must-have on this watch. Unfortunately date mag is plasticky piece of cr*p ... it can't be coated with any high-temperature process. I'm currently trying to send my date mag to optics shop that does coating for eye glasses, since this coating process is generally "cold" one. Unfortunately shop I'm using can't deal with such small diameter objects, so I'll have to improvise something ...

regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

HikeUSA is Vac's AR coating single or double sided? would you say Vac's AR coating makes a lot of difference compared to the rep crystals inner coating?

i have a project with him now but i only asked for the relume of hands and dial. I didnt go with the bezel relume and AR coating. Reconsidering now!

• 1 month later...