When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Dads Car

maxman

My father had a 1962 Chevy Impala convertable SS...man he loved that car.

He sold It to a colleague of his who kept pestering him for It. .I was about fourteen years old at the time. I remember how sad he was the day he sold It.

Unfortunately as I got older... I did not have the resorces to purchase another 62 Impala SS convert...even one In desent shape went for fairly big money...$25.000-30.000..If not more.

My dad Is gone now....and I miss him more than words can say.

I have to admit...this video really got to me. ..maybe some of the members here can relate to how I might feel.

I hope you enjoy the video. ...Mike.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-nO6WvOYw

• Like 2

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Wooow, i realy thought the dad would get a heartattack!!!

This was a realy nice video Mike :) thanks for showing us this :)

You should download the movie Love The Beast its a very very good movie, pleas check it out, i know you will like it, i loved it. And you get a nice bonus, you will see his tag hauers alot in this movie :)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5034545/Love_The_Beast_2009_DVDRiP_XViD_SB0

Thanks again bro, thanks for just being you m8!

Wooow, i realy thought the dad would get a heartattack!!!

This was a realy nice video Mike :) thanks for showing us this :)

You should download the movie Love The Beast its a very very good movie, pleas check it out, i know you will like it, i loved it. And you get a nice bonus, you will see his tag hauers alot in this movie :)

http://thepiratebay....DVDRiP_XViD_SB0

Thanks again bro, thanks for just being you m8!

Thanks Zeleni...I really appreciate that. I will definitely check out the movie. :)

Mike

Love the beast? That's with our own Aussie/Croatian Dad/German mum friend Eric Banovich :) great, great little movie, that one.

I've always thought that cars are one of few inanimate objects in life that we attach a lot of meaning to. I got a combi when I was 18, and I hated the idea, all I wanted was a fast Japanese turbo car :) but then I organized to go on a holiday with a pretty young thing, and we didn't have money for a hotel room, so we folded down the rear seats and made a bed in the back. I can tell you, it had all the important attributes of a bed :) since then, I've helped a few friends move house, I've been pulled over for driving too fast, gotten laid, and put close to 100,000 km on the clock. Now I have the opportunity to sell it and get that japanese pocket rocket, but I don't want to. Every dint, every scrape, they're mine, and I love that car ;) it's big, ugly and beautiful :)

Now, if it were a '62 Chevy Impala SS (one of my dream cars), oooooooooooof!

There was a similar story on that show, where they steal a person's car and take it to the car designer BOOSH, GOOSE, BHOSE (something like that) and fix it all up. On this car, they went mental. When he saw it he nearly fell over.

So a car is definitely much more than metal and rubber, it has an ineffable quality, it carries some of our best and worst memories. It's like a memory album :)

A great story, we are rarely in the position to repay our parents for the love and patience put into our upbringing.

In this video the kids at least go part of the way.

Ken

I'm not a religious man, but Amen to that, brother :)

My father had a 1962 Chevy Impala convertable SS...man he loved that car.

He sold It to a colleague of his who kept pestering him for It. .I was about fourteen years old at the time. I remember how sad he was the day he sold It.

Unfortunately as I got older... I did not have the resorces to purchase another 62 Impala SS convert...even one In desent shape went for fairly big money...$25.000-30.000..If not more.

My dads gone now....and I miss him more than words can say.

I have to admit...this video really got to me. ..maybe some of the members here can relate to how I might feel.

I hope you enjoy the video. ...Mike.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-nO6WvOYw

Wow! I can really relate to this Mike. When I saw that commercial, I have to admit, I almost lost it. My dad's favorite car was a maroon 1965 Chevy Impala SS convertable. He loved convertables. It was the first car I ever drove and when we were old enough, he gave it to me and my two older brothers to get us and our 7 other siblings around town and to school and back. I miss my Dad too.

thanks for the memories.

It's one of the best commercials that I have ever seen. My dad had a 65 Impala SS. I remember the same sensations that his son described. It was a very cool car. I wish my dad was still alive. It would have been great to find one to restore with him.

Believe it or not Marty...I thought of you while posting this....because I knew how you felt about your father. :)

Mike

Wow! I can really relate to this Mike. When I saw that commercial, I have to admit, I almost lost it. My dad's favorite car was a maroon 1965 Chevy Impala SS convertable. He loved convertables. It was the first car I ever drove and when we were old enough, he gave it to me and my two older brothers to get us and our 7 other siblings around town and to school and back. I miss my Dad too.

thanks for the memories.

Thanks for sharing something so near and dear W

It looks like we both got lucky when It came to are dads.

My dad gave me a 1967 Pontiac Catilina convert for my first car...looked like a Lemans.

Had a nice big back seat...oh the memories. :D

Mike

It's almost textbook branding, emotional yearning and love for a brand and all that. Very good.

You guys are lucky with your cool old cars. My Dad's no longer alive either, but I suspect he would have been slightly less impressed if I'd turned up with some of the rubbish cars we had from yesteryear! Some crap Ford Cortina rolling around the corner would have received more of a WTF slap around the head. He cried with joy the first time it was towed to the scrap yard, I don't think he'd thank me dragging it back ;)

• 2 weeks later...