When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Leather strap for 6263 daytona?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

If It were me I would keep it on the ss...some watches were made for the ss bracelet..I feel the Daytona Is one of those watches

Same thing with my PO...I tried It on a leather and rubber strap and couldnt wait to get it back on the bracelet.

But like most here... I prefer Pams on leather.....oh well..to each his own.

Good luck with finding a strap Zeleni. :)

Mike

Now that strap i like mr LH :) The black one in the last pic :) whats the info there m8? Price? And wher to buy?

It' s a vintage (c1960s-1970s) Tropic rubber strap in 19mm. I've been collecting Tropic rubber for a couple of years now, and I never used to pay more than $15-25 per strap.

Prices have become a bit ridiculous since then, especially for curved-end models in desirable sizes i.e. 19mm, 20mm, and especially 22mm. But there are still cheaper options available on eBay.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

It' s a vintage (c1960s-1970s) Tropic rubber strap in 19mm. I've been collecting Tropic rubber for a couple of years now, and I never used to pay more than $15-25 per strap.

Prices have become a bit ridiculous since then, especially for curved-end models in desirable sizes i.e. 19mm, 20mm, and especially 22mm. But there are still cheaper options available on eBay.

Yeha i just saw that on ebay, [censored] if you want a nice one you have to pay like 125 and above crazy [censored]!!! But i realy like them :( to bad they are at that price range :(

I donated 60$ to rwg ysterday and that feelt great :) but im not paying that price for that strap.

Here's a modern silicon version of the Tropic straps. I wear my Tudor Sub on one during the summer, and it is the most comfortable strap I've worn :)

http://www.modenawatch.com/product.sc?categoryId=32&productId=36

As for the bund strap being 'too Spartacus', it was good enough for Paul Newman :lol: (I can't stand wearing a 1655 on the bracelet, but love it on the bund strap :pardon: ) Another option which looks really classy, is one of those black straps with the tight grain lizard pattern :good:

Wooow TJ :) thanks, that Modena looks great!

And you get a tang buckel with that price :) cool!

Thanks you Sir, you made my day :)

Happy to be of help :good::drinks: Although the Modena strap doesn't have the curved ends which some of the original Tropics had, it does replicate every other aspect of the design of the basket weave pattern, the waffle-texture back, which provides excellent drainage and ventilation for swimming or hot weather, and the raised sides, which give a really chunky appearance :) Also, I was surprised how smart the basket weave pattern makes the strap, even though it's not leather, it would still look better with a suit than other silicon straps :tu: You should also be able to fit a Rolex buckle if you wanted to :good:

Agree, they're great. The Modena is the strap same I have on my 1665 in the pix above. Also no rubber stinkiness of the vintage Tropic straps -I love the look of them but a lot of them you smell before you enter the room.... :huh:

Happy to be of help :good::drinks: Although the Modena strap doesn't have the curved ends which some of the original Tropics had, it does replicate every other aspect of the design of the basket weave pattern, the waffle-texture back, which provides excellent drainage and ventilation for swimming or hot weather, and the raised sides, which give a really chunky appearance :) Also, I was surprised how smart the basket weave pattern makes the strap, even though it's not leather, it would still look better with a suit than other silicon straps :tu: You should also be able to fit a Rolex buckle if you wanted to :good:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... gotta say that this is one watch (or family thereof) where I truly feel stainless bracelet is the superior choice... just my $0.02

Hmm, well im thinking the same thing now!

My brain is calling a time out!

Hm... I usually prefer the SS option for the bracelet...

But I do like this one... :) What is the origin of this bracelet ?

PNC-1-2.jpg

Also, I think it's pretty good to "change" sometimes... What is the problem is you have the choice between SS bracelet, leather strap, carbon (why not ?) strap, etc... ? ;)

It's not easy to have " a lot " of 62XX, so, it's a way to have more than you already have...

Just my 2 cents !