When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Burberry Touch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

In the states,

Nordstrom department stores will prepare a sample bottle of any fragrance that they sell.

Neiman and Saks will also do the same.

I agree, I have way too many samples. Trading them would be a good way of getting your hands on some hard to get stuff.

Today I am going with Azemour by Parfum d'Empire

I will put my list together this weekend. We need to have some basic rules if we do this. For one I don't think money should change hands.

In the states,

Nordstrom department stores will prepare a sample bottle of any fragrance that they sell.

Indeed..I get many of my samples from Nordstroms....If I dont see a salesperson I make my own...usally more than one. :pardon:

Sephora's Is also very good about samples... I was at one about two weeks ago and the sales girl made three up for me without batting an eye.

Mike

Indeed..I get many of my samples from Nordstroms....If I dont see a salesperson I make my own...usally more than one.

Sephora's Is also very good about samples... I was at one about two weeks ago and the sales girl made three up for me without batting an eye.

Mike

I didn't know Sephora did that. The stores near me don't carry that great of a selection, and from what I can remember their prices are not that great. The few times I have gone to Sephora they were way under staffed. The line went out the door and I couldn't find any help.

There definitely should be rules about samples. I agree with PhilFree that we can eat costs as we are sending them to one another and they are cheaper to send than larger packages (ie watches etc).

I will have a look at what I have and compile a list. Luckily in London there is a great niche perfume shop with whom I have a good relationship with and they will always offer free samples (in moderation of course). So if anyone needs something, we have the resources.

I didn't know Sephora did that. The stores near me don't carry that great of a selection, and from what I can remember their prices are not that great. The few times I have gone to Sephora they were way under staffed. The line went out the door and I couldn't find any help.

The thing about Sephora Is that there stores are not consistant. Some days there are a adequate number of sales people around to help you out...some days...not so much. But the one I go to is usually well staffed and samples are never a problem.

Same go's for the Nordstroms In my area. Some days the fragrance department has very little In the way of help...they will most likely call someone over from another department to help you out. Unfortunately most of these people are not familiar with cologne and some of them have difficulty making up something as simple as a sample. They spray the [censored] everywhere but Into the decant/ sprayer :lol:

Thats why I like that they now have been leaving sample sprayers In front of some of the cologne displays. This has actually worked out quite well. ;)

Mike