When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Ultimate Replica Bags

Jaymoi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received correspondence from a Francis Tse dealer this morning and this person told me "Tse's own factory makes far better bags than Korean factories, korea was great for replicas a few years ago but now their

government are hard on replica factories and the industry has basically disappeared and moved to China instead."

One really has to wonder if "Super Copy" is just the same sort of thing ala "Perfect Sub". Marketing wizardry?

Looking at some of the bags from this Francis Tse agent, I'd have to say the accuracy on many of them is highly questionable. Although, the more popular models seemed pretty good. Oh, and by the way, it seems as though the pricing of the Francis Tse bags are better than the "Super" bags on this six star replica site. And interestingly the Tse site has a password protected section for Fabrics, where apparently, factories or dealers can purchase the fabric from the Tse factory.

I received correspondence from a Francis Tse dealer this morning and this person told said "Tse's own factory makes far better bags than Korean factories, korea was great for replicas a few years ago but now their

government are hard on replica factories and the industry has basically disappeared and moved to China instead."

One really has to wonder if "Super Copy" is just the same sort of thing ala "Perfect Sub". Marketing wizardry?

Looking at some of the bags from this Francis Tse agent, I'd have to say the accuracy on many of them is highly questionable. Although, the more popular models seemed pretty good. Oh, and by the way, it seems as though the pricing of the Francis Tse bags are better than the "Super" bags on this six star replica site. And interestingly the Tse site has a password protected section for Fabrics, where apparently, factories or dealers can purchase the fabric from the Tse factory.

SURE...if I had a factory I too would say that mine is far better <_<

The only rep bag site that I know of is Six Star Replicas.

Sis Star

Can you have a gander at this and tell me if you think these bags are good?

From the looks of things, I'd venture that their Hermes 'croc' bags are really embossed leather - if not some sort of synthetic. ''Regular price: $35,000. Your price: $450.00." Right.

As for the LVs and others, their best quality bags look ok...

SURE...if I had a factory I too would say that mine is far better <_<

Yes, of course there is that factor. But you do also have to admit that "Super Copy" is going to get thrown around by dealers left and right... How is one to find the real deal - IF in fact the real deal is out there.... Jaymoi is the man, and I'm confident in his super investigative skills though.

This 'super copy' was around for a while, my wife sells rep handbags occasionally and she had a few. They were good to the last detail, including a patina developing nicely on the LV bags.... I have also seen some very nice Hermes bags out of Korea, although the supply has seemed to dry up.

She just purchased a Chloe Paddington bag from a Chinese supplier, the first sent was defective; the handle was sewn on backwards. It was sent back for a replacement which arrived and was perfect in every way.

The LV bags out of China are very good, but don't develop the patina you get on the gen, which sticks out like a bad crown guard.

I know one of the members came to me about some bags and his girlfriend was quite knowledgeable on these things, so anyway he was passing on how to tell excellent quality from just good copies right down to the colour of the stiching and the bags I sell came up trumps and all and mine are simply out of China.

Maybe the Koreans has forced the Chinese to produce better bags to compete?

Ken

Yes, of course there is that factor. But you do also have to admit that "Super Copy" is going to get thrown around by dealers left and right... How is one to find the real deal - IF in fact the real deal is out there.... Jaymoi is the man, and I'm confident in his super investigative skills though.

Well from what I know is that a gen LV the leather feels better & the rep LV really feels stiff.

So optical it can be perfect, but how about the quality of the leather?

Does this "Super Copy" have that better quality of leather?

I've seen lots of people walking with fake LV...you can pick them out so easy, the messenger bags

are so stiff that it looks like you're having a shoebox around your shoulder.

We used to have a resident expert on RWG1, but she apparently never made the transition to the new forum - or else she simply changed her name since she was constantly being bombarded with messages from people asking 'Who has the best......'.

Out of curiosity (and a friend who would be highly appreciative of a Birkin Bag that could compete with an authentic), I myself have been trying to get a handle on the situation for more than a year. My conclusion is that it's a crap-shoot. Francis Tse used to be the gold standard for replica bags, but even Tse's quality was not consistent from one marque to another.

As late as this July, Tse was also offering Korean Hermes bags at a slightly higher (+ $100) price than his own Chinese-made ones. Which certainly seemed like a tacit admission of the higher quality of the former.

Since there's always someone out there claiming that their bags are better than everyone else's, I think the only way to go is through a seller in whom you have confidence. For many of us, Ken or Jaymoi would be logical choices for obvious reasons. On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that no one seller can offer the best reps straight across the board since there is so much variation relative to brands, sourcing and other imponderables.

Once again, and like they say for rep watches, first choose your dealer, then your bag. And then hope for the best....

My fiancee has one of the Super Copy Hermes bags we got through a contact in Hong Kong, who brought the bags in from South Korea. Everything came exactly like the original, right down to the packaging. I am amazed by the ultimate quality these fake bags are of. You really cannot tell the difference in the stitching or material. We bought it for about HK$4000 ($500 US).

Every now and then, I put it beside her genuine one to compare, and I really cannot find a single difference between them. Sometimes I even mistake the fake one for the genuine, the fake one I have used a magnifying glass to inspect for hours, and I cannot find a flaw with it. Contrast to the one we bought at the Hermes boutique in Paris, I could find a tiny speck of glue from the stitching, and that's it.

@thomasng:

That sounds like the real deal - even the price is in-line with what I've been quoted for these.

Stories like yours fuel the quest - but once again, the key is knowing someone who knows where to go and having confidence in their ability to get you what you want.

And I suppose it is quite possible that some of the original Korean bag factories have relocated to China now......

wow... i am so surprise that fellow members are so well informed of the inside news and stories... the truth is korean made replica are disppearing fast.... some korean replica seller are even getting stuff from china..

the so call perfect bags depends on models (usually popular ones, like LV monogram and multi-color print) just like watches, some watches are made close to 99.9% accuracy where others are made to 98%... it all depends on the demand of the markets

Yes, I believe that sash5... The Chloe Paddington, the LV Monogram, and probably a select other few are going to be available as super copies... The selection is probably going to be minimal...

As far as Tse goes, he provides an "ebay quality" list for those people reselling his bags on ebay. These are the bags that he feels are his best, and indistinguishable from the gen. Interesting. I have the list, but I don't yet understand how to interpret it!

By my count, we have at least four RWG members trying to source the best quality Korean and/or Chinese bags, plus Ken who's already offering what people say are the best items within a certain brand-range.

As for me, I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a Birkin that doesn't look like a joke. Would have gone for mirror-image Korean that I sourced from Tse this summer, but was told that they were drop-shipped with no guarantee of customs clearance. For a $1,000 order (two bags) I wasn't willing to take the risk.

As for the rest, rep bags are just as much an education as rep watches: the Canal St. quality items abound - often touted as 'best quality'. Just like with rep watches, the smallest differences have the biggest importance (slanted stitching on the Hermes bags, and even the accent over the 'e' (as in Hermès).

There are soooo many dreadful copies out there that it's hard not getting sucked in by a mediocre copy touted as a 'mirror-image' by a dealer who doesn't know any better. Personally - and living in Paris as I do - there's no way I'm going to take the chance of giving one of these absurdities as a gift to a pretty Parisienne who knows what the real deal looks like.

So it's still wait and see.....

I'm watching this thread closely.

Just to pitch in with some useless info, my mother bought a little 'copy' LV bag as a gift for my wife from a street trader in Italy. She had with her a friend who owned several genuine LV items and couldn't believe the quality of the hawker's stuff.

That was about 5 years ago, and the leather on the single strap handle has aged EXACTLY like the genuine article.

Source of bag unknown, but there were newspaper articles in Italy at the time claiming OE factories were running night-time shifts and the extra inventory was leaving out the back door.

PS. Who's 'Ken'?

I'm watching this thread closely.

I'm worried for ya!

Source of bag unknown, but there were newspaper articles in Italy at the time claiming OE factories were running night-time shifts and the extra inventory was leaving out the back door.

Ah the great 2001 handbag heist..........they wanted to make a movie out of it called 'The Italian Bag Job' but thankfully 20th Century Fox Fur didn't fancy it.