When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new Sea Dweller - BAM

Star69

looking at Joshs pics - this looks just like an updated SSD with SL :(

no early Christmas gift for me ....

hope its just the pics but the rehaut looks like an populat asian cooking tool and

from the describtion no 1:1 construction.

i hope im wrong - was really waiting for this.....

cheers,

Frank

That thing is a bad joke!!!

Case lug profile is totally wrong, SEL fitment not more than acceptable, rehaut wokky, cut outs to access the spring bars are wrong (why don't they get something that easy right???), crown position to low, bezel is shitty....

This is obviously from the same completely blind, def and dumb 1:1 replicator as the Explorer II released before.

So for $248 you get a stainless watch with a bracelet, a reliable movement (i will come to the QC later) known design, superlume, more than likely good water resitance (as i sad QC later) Saphire crystal.

So make this with another logo like MK II add some QC and sell them on the open market for well over a grand

My glass is half full

• Like 1

i bught the SSD V1 4 years ago - at that time the watch was superb - but now 4 years later ?

the new one looks not better - and if they use Green C3 ? what Rolex uses green SL ? maybe the Frogmariner ....

The V2 SSD was certainly a disappointment for me, especially when you compare it to the V1. Wokky rehaut, tall sloped crystal with the visible etched crown, and a solid mid link bracelet. And this new watch has all of those terrible features- it's back!

The rep makers get something right for a while then they fall back into the crap.

I learned years ago. Stick with vintage that takes gen parts. They look better. No one calls you out and it is fun adding gen parts as you can afford it. Personally I jumped straight from vintage to the DSSD. It looks like it will be quite a while before I have to take a contemporary SSD seriously. :)

Maybe Josh puts up some QC pics. I don't believe he would lie about the features of this model. Still hoping it will turn out to be a decent rep. If they have the gen to compare with it shouldn't be all bad. Perhaps even gen comparison pics are avail.