When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 v2 on my workbench

Ronin

so version 2 = 100% gen :)

congrats !

and let me know if you want to get rid of the old movement ;)

cheers,

Frank

Yep. Acquiring the service parts, and a 'serviced' 1575-GMT took over a year to pull together. With patience, I have saved about $2000 -vs- buying a 1675 outright, and then having to have it serviced. So a $2k savings, and the satisfaction of assembling it myself makes it well worth it. A grail piece for me. Put the movement on the watch timer, and it is keeping COSC!

Congratulations !

And I must say that I personaly understand why so many people love patina on their watch. It looks like a wrinkled face, you can see its past life.

Anyway, obviously old or like brand new, both are very nice. And in this case, as you spent time to gather all parts and make the assembly, I can imagine it makes this watch so personal, so unique. Enjoy !

Paul

Is your case a service case too? If it is, does it have a serial number yet and a date stamp under 1675 in the caseback?

The case is a Gen, well cared for, polished only once by RSC, and is from my birth year. :) So the case is as old as I am.

---

SUGGESTION NEEDED:

Should I use the FAT Font insert which would be more correct for the year of the case?

-or-

Should I stay with my "Service" theme and use the NOS Service Thinner Font Insert?

Should I use the FAT Font insert which would be more correct for the year of the case?

-or-

Should I stay with my "Service" theme and use the NOS Service Thinner Font Insert?

Very nice build mate,

about your Q.

Depending on what you want your watch to be.

Really well taken care off? Only worn a couple of times over the years? Then I'd say fat front...it's in remarkable shape.

I it recently serviced, plexi exchanged, service dial, service insert!

Since yours has a service dial, I'd say thin front insert :D

• Like 1