When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do Explain To The Wife/gf?

trademarque

how am i going to explain to my good lady, why i have bought ANOTHER watch again?

i cant hide it..cos if she found it...that would be more difficult to explain..

what do you you guys tell the wife?

how can they possibly understand this addiction???

Get her hooked too. It is a lot harder to complain

when she is wearing a beatiful rep like the ceramic

J12 or a nice Datejust. You'll be screwed out of

some more money, but it will increase your

manoueverability.

Cheers mate...

I would say "I ordered another watch".

I am just starting on this hobbie but I have lots of rather spendy hobbies and the day I start justifying myself to someone is the day I become single.

I am about to put about $500-600 into an order (which is not chump change to me) and last night around 1AM I spotted a deal on a home theater prjector... I already have a home theater projector... that I bought last year... and I pulled the trigger for the helluvit.

You know what the GF heard about it? "Hey guess what, I just bought another projector!".

My money. My computer. My finger. Click.

On the flip side I am very fair; she wants to go to a see Chipendales with her money, fine by me.

how am i going to explain to my good lady, why i have bought ANOTHER watch again?

tell her that it's a present of one old friend .... if you want i can take the game for you.... i have the same problem....

Make up something you guys needed to purchase that she would be ok with and tell her the watch came with it as an add-on. :g:

Edited by Torques

All you need to say is "that's right [censored] I bought another watch. you ain't my momma, I'll do what I want".

Grow some balls............

And if that doesn't work two dozen roses and a watch for her would be nice...

Ha Ha, how about reverse ordering the rose and [censored] sequence?

I would say "I ordered another watch".

I am just starting on this hobbie but I have lots of rather spendy hobbies and the day I start justifying myself to someone is the day I become single.

I am about to put about $500-600 into an order (which is not chump change to me) and last night around 1AM I spotted a deal on a home theater prjector... I already have a home theater projector... that I bought last year... and I pulled the trigger for the helluvit.

You know what the GF heard about it? "Hey guess what, I just bought another projector!".

My money. My computer. My finger. Click.

On the flip side I am very fair; she wants to go to a see Chipendales with her money, fine by me.

GF = "I bought another XXX. So how about that!"

Wife = "Honey...you're not going to beleive the deal I got on a XXX (with fingers crosssed)"

Buy her a ring and see how long the "My Money, My Computer, My Finger" theory lasts! :blink:

thanks for all the tips...

problem is..she was away visiting relatives for 2 weeks...when she left..i had 2 reps....when she came back i had 4...and another arrived on friday...and again another today...oh dear..

time to bring up her credit card bill.....

Worked out a budget with my wife that allowed for a watch about every 6-8 weeks. You know, lying about what we treat ourselves to can add a spicy flavor to the acquisition, but in the long haul, honesty will afford you more opportunities.

This is a dilemma I have experienced and have found that just being upfront is the best way. I told my wife that this is now my hobby and passion. I am not spending tens of thousands on real watches, but hundreds on repklicas which are so damn close to the genuine article that it is just downright exciting :bounce: This appoach has worked for me (I think) and maybe it will for you too. Good luck

Try to wait until there are two watches that you want, preferably from the same dealer, and then say that there was a "two for one" deal.

Or if you order from two different dealers, but keep the times that you order the watches close in proximity, you could say that it was a two for one, but that he has to send them separate because of customs. I dunno....I'm wondering the same thing...ie: devious methods of getting it by.

GF = "I bought another XXX. So how about that!"

Wife = "Honey...you're not going to beleive the deal I got on a XXX (with fingers crosssed)"

Buy her a ring and see how long the "My Money, My Computer, My Finger" theory lasts! :blink:

She wants a ring, she can buy it herself. My money, my deicision, no ring :)

There is a reason to my madness!

If you're not married, it's not a big deal, you can spend your money however you want.

Once you are married, however . . . it's not as simple (in my case) as saying "hey [censored] it's my money, you sit in the corner and shut your yap" or whatever some people suggest. After all, a healthy marriage doesn't work like that unless you live in Somalia or something.

Basically, the best thing is simply if she has hobbies or expenses that cost a similar amount of money to balance things out. For example, my wife spends several thousand a year on clothing and shoes, which I don't. She spends a couple hundred a month on hair, nails and whatever else it is women do, which I don't. We tend to splurge on restaurants and trips she wants. Also, I buy her much better gifts than she does for birthday, Xmas, anniversary, etc. and I pay all the bills, so . . .

Wait a second, this is a terrible deal for me! No wonder she's so "understanding!" :lol:

Yeah you live in the reverse Somalia :D

And for me it will alwas be "it's my money and I will do as I please" married or not. Any girl I marry will have to accept that (note I am flexible and can accept a lot of issue on her side as well) and wouldn't feel wrong about it as long as I was contributing my fair share to everything.

I wouldn't skimp on kids clothes or food for my watch habbit, but if everything else is taken care of, my money goes to make me happy.