When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Our thanks

offshore

Rob,

For mine, and I'm sure on behalf of all our members, I wanted to thank you for posting, and making all of this invaluable info available.

For mine, this is what watch forums are about; the dissemination of knowledge, and you sure have a lot available for us all.

This is a great reference for me, as I slowly come to grips with the "art" of watch repairing, and I hope others are inspired to take the step to learning from you as well.

Heartfelt thanks Rob, it is a joy to see you here.

offshore

Hi and welcome,

First I have to send out a big thank you to the Admin and moderators of the site for putting their faith in me, and allowing me to have my own section.

These posts are my own thoughts and impressions, and they reflect my findings while carrying out watch repair and upgrades. Although this is a public forum, the intellectual rights of the posts still belong to me. If you would like to use any of my information, all I ask is that you let me know.

I have been around watches all my life, my late uncle was a watchmaker from the old school, he started doing repairs in 1934. I spent my childhood at his house, learning, watching and being amazed by this great and wonderful man. Sadly he died a few years ago - on father's day no less. I think that he is still guiding me as I carry on his profession and I enjoy this wonderful miniaturized world of mechanical watches. I am not professionally trained, but self-taught and only an Amateur Watchmaker…I do this for a hobby and because I like to work with my hands.

My reason for doing up these posts is threefold:

1. I want to share my knowledge with others, and provide insight into area's that some people don't - or won't - ever see on their own, namely the inner workings of movements.

2. To give you my impressions and findings on various movements. This insight will help you make an informed decision on these models.

3. To inform and give you instructions with How-To posts, so that you can see what is involved in modifying or upgrading your watch, and allow you to try it for yourself.

Please keep in mind that the posts are how I see things, it's only my opinion. I have no bias towards any dealer, model of watch, or any other issues. I state it as I see it, based on my experience and discoveries.

The first section is reference data, and you can't post or reply to it. The reason for this is that these posts are informative or instructive in nature, and there is no need to comment on them. They are here so that you can inform yourself, and make decisions on what you should do or buy, with a bit of insight into the inner workings. A lot of these posts are from the old RWG, but for the first time will be in one area and easy to reference and find.

I do hope you get some pleasure and insight from my work, and there is a section below for follow on comments or questions.

I will try and respond to any queries as quickly as I can, but I do have a life outside the forum, so please keep this in mind.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you get as much pleasure from these posts, as I did making them up.

All the best,

RG

Thanks for being here as all the others said and nice idea to write that introduction it was great to read :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kudos to you Rob :notworthy: