When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross Fans...check It Out...

tenacious_b

Complete ripoff, but it's not bad. Not like everyone knows B&R to begin with. It's not like getting an Omega or Ralex ripoff by Invicta where people assume that's what it is and then see the dial label.

Having said that, I still have a "thing" for the orange lumed B&R :group:

Also, I prefer sapphire crystal :)

Is there anything Invicta won't shamelessly copy?

No, they are a shameless company, and their quality and customer support shows it :thumbdown:

Don't give them your money... Our dealers deserve it much more than these shameless rip-off slobs

I reckon the rep will be better quality :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it makes me thinkthat the factorys makin our reps must be also making cases for invita, and many others, but what comes first, does the factory make the rep case on the side and then offers it to the corperate customers, or did invicta ask for the case to be made and the rep side line fell out of that. It wiould be funny to think that the rep market is driving the gen heritage rip off side.

It is perfectly OK :) and the Miyota 8215 movement in this invicta is a fine Japanese movement :thumbsupsmileyanim:

141752-16800.jpg

141752-16801.jpg

The Miyota 8215 and ETA 2824-2 are two Automatic Date movements that have been around for years. Both are fine watch movements that are dependable and accurate. Both are used by several watch makers world wide.

The Miyota 8215 is used in such brands as Camel, Citizen, Dugena, Festina and Invicta. Miyota is owned by Citizen in Japan.

The two movements, while similar, have differences that set them apart, both in functionality and application.

Cost - The 21 Jewel Miyota 8215 costs about $37 and is used in watches priced from $100 and up.

BPH - Beats per hour. 21,600 or 6 beats per second (3 Hz) for the Miyota 8215.

Accuracy is generally better on movements with higher BPH. The TimeZone has an excellent article on the subject.

Jewels – the Miyota has 21 Jewels. Jewels, typically synthetic rubis are used in watch movements, not to add to their value, but to reduce friction and wear on moving parts. Lower end watches may have only 7 to 15 jewels. The standard for quality watches is 17 jewels or more. There is an upper end to the number of jewels necessary, typically, anything over 25 jewels for these types of automatic movements are just for decoration.

Power Reserve - Power reserve is the number of hours a movement will run when fully wound. Most mainsprings will power a watch for 30 hours or more. The Miyota has a 45 hour reserve.

Winding Mechanism – winding rotor that winds the mainspring with the movement of the wrist. The Miyota employs a ball bearing unidirectional winding rotor.

Second Hand Drive – The Miyota employs an indirect second hand drive . The second hand on the Miyota may appear to stop for a moment with various wrist movements, but this does not affect accuracy.

Shock Resistance – The Miyota uses its own proprietary shock resistance on the balance (Parashock).

Hacking – Not there. The second hand does not stop on the Miyota 8215 when setting the time.

Date set – the Miyota have the quick set date function.

Based on price, the Miyota 8215 by Citizen is a great value and would be a good choice in an everyday watch or weekend beater.

But it's still an Invicta :thumbdown::blink:

I agree i would not buy an Invita myself.....but lets face it this is a replica forum :) who are we to tell Invicta what they should and should not do

I agree i would not buy an Invita myself.....but lets face it this is a replica forum :) who are we to tell Invicta what they should and should not do

Probably one of the most knowledgable group of watch enthusiasts in the world? :g:

my point is that the viewpoints surrounding our hobby are wrought with hypocrisy, and it seems that the watch industry is more than happy to allow various degrees of IPR violations based on the direction the wind is blowing at one moment or another.

I got my start watching the watch shows on ShopNBC, and so I still drift back to watching now and again when nothing is on TV, and last night they said they will soon be offering full black IP Plated (same as PVD I guess) one with the green lume and one with the orange lume.

Personally I do not care. I have owned a couple of invictas, and they are ok for the money, and for what they are, but it just pisses me off to read about people losing their reps to customs when these jackholes are allowed to rip off others creativity in broad daylight and profit from it.

I own 2 Invictas...A 1960's swiss made one with an A Schild 17 j HW movement, aqnd the venerable 8926 "Sub" clone...I bought that one 10 yrs ago....my first internet watch purchase, cost $53.00 new!!...It opened my eyes as to how close a Rolex could be copied for almost NO MONEY!!...BTW...the Miyota in it still functions well, and the case is still in my parts box waiting to someday become a "Franken-something"....I actually have use the well worn bezel insert from it in a "Bond" Sub project, and it snapped right into the Silix bezel like it was made for it!!..That alone was worth the $53 bucks!!!... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steinhart was actually first with a Bell & Ross BR replica. At least, the Steinhart has an ETA movement.

TimeShare

Steinhart ?????????????? never herda about that :g: wrong spelling of the name?

Sorry! I found em

141947-16740.jpg

Have we finaly found the elusive source of SWISS REPLICAs? :Jumpy:

Not to start anything here....(yeah right) but the original poster is waving a flag about what a shameless rip off of Bell and Ross this watch is....here????

Isn't that sort of like having a debate about the terrible and pervasive violence in our society....in jail??? Who the hell are we to point fingers.

The fact is I would never buy one of these abominations simply because they don't go far enough in looking like the original design. Give me a balls to the wall replica any day...the hell with these "in the Bell and Ross " style pieces.

You know, I have no problems withe the Steinharts or the many others selling 'IP infringement' 'style' watches...

I really like Steinhart because of the quality I've heard about on other forums, plus I've received really helpful and friendly responses from the man himself. One day, I may buy one.

I purchased a MarcelloC 'submariner rip-off' a few years back, it was the best quality watch I've bought for under $2k... just stunning and just as good as my Omega SMP and surely as good as Rolex (the band was 10 times better IMO). I would definitely buy another MarcelloC :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I also bought an Invicta (which was the leadup to the MarcelloC)... It was total crap (maybe I was unlucky, but from what I've read, I don't think so), the bracelet was not very good, there was something wrong with the logo (what a thing to go wrong, eh?), and the second hand fell off.

I had it fixed and sold it on the bay... I did feel guilty, got as much back as I paid with repair costs. :(

Our reps are better quality; Invicta are shameless slobs getting rich off the ignorant public (myself included at one point :o )..

If you want a good, inexpensive genuine watch, buy Steinhart, or MarcelloC, or Seiko :thumbsupsmileyanim: