When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Box Generated View of Hudson Plane Landing This is amazing...computer generated from the black box... In the Hudson River !

mikellem

My Dad was a pilot in WW2 and Korea. He was a captain and flight instructor with United Airlines for 30yrs.

When I was a kid I got to sit in the back of flight simulators while he was instructing. I got the chance to see and hear all the bells and sirens go off and how they reacted to problems. They go over and over this stuff till its drilled into them. This kind of strength and stability is trained into these guys.

I know that if my Dad or his coworkers were in this situation the recording would show similar results. I have great respect for pilots.

I began my military career as a pilot (later converting to SOP) . I gotta tell you guys, landing on water requires great skill and training and still most of the times your chances of getting out of it alive are slim, but, landing an Airbus full of passengers requires insane flying skills and balls of steal.