When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

Ahh Friday afternoon :) , then I'll wear my 1930's Helvetia aviator watch. Fluctuates a minute +- a day but that's to expect after 70-80 years of gentle use.

143653-16230.jpg

From when flying was a bit more rough.

143653-16231.jpg

WOW!!! Just Gorgeous. Nothing like an old working watch.

I just bought a Vintage GP Gyromatic 39 jewel High Beat (36,000 bph) on the bay. Can't wait to get it and have it serviced.

WOW!!! Just Gorgeous. Nothing like an old working watch.

I just bought a Vintage GP Gyromatic 39 jewel High Beat (36,000 bph) on the bay. Can't wait to get it and have it serviced.

Girard Perregaux are in my humble opinions one of the most classic looking watches you can get, great buy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by pannylovernr1

Girard Perregaux are in my humble opinions one of the most classic looking watches you can get, great buy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My Dad has a Gyromatic a friend in the brokerage business gave him in 1968 saying "Fred, I'm sick of seeing you in cheap watches. Wear this". My Dad wore it every day for 32 years until it needed service. Not knowing ANYTHING about watches, he didnt think it unusual the watch needed no input except a monthly adjustment of the minute hand back a few minutes. The friend did tell him if he wore it every day, he would never have to wind it. When I reverently took it in for service in 2000, he almost considered it disposable saying "Well, the damn thing has been running for 30 years, I guess I got everything out of it". Dad...are you kidding me????? Of course, not seeing the value in this amazing timepiece, he almost [censored] a brick when I told him a movement tear down, service and restoration to the dial and hands would run about $350. "Dad, it's on me" I told him. He has worn it every day since 2000 and except for a crystal replacement, it has run flawlessly since the restoration.

BTW...he won't be burried with it!!!

Hey, I'm no longer a "weekend wrist check" virgin! Here's what I'll be wearing this weekend.

First up today is my rep Constellation double eagle. I really like this one a lot. A very impressive rep.

143709-16222.jpg

Tomorrow, while I'm working outside raking leaves it will be my gen. Eterna Super Kontiki.

143709-16223.jpg

We're going out to dinner tomorrow night and I'll be wearing a brown camel hair jacket, so I'll be accesorizing with this gen. Raymundo Davalos Rossie power reserve with the crocodile strap.

143709-16224.jpg