When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

josh 5512/5513

azgjav

it is a cartel 5512/5513 case, with gen tropic 19, gen movement, modified rep crown, the original bracelet w WSO 580 endlinks. hands from ebat and the dial is an ingod dial.

lug holes were drilled out to fit gen spring bars, the crownguards were opened up a lil bit to make it look less stubby. the original crown and crown tube were replaced w a rep and i managed to seat it a lil deeper into the body.

i know that this is the wrong movement for a 5513, but that's what i have lying around. i didn't expect this to work at all! i bought the watch mainly to canabalise its bezel/retainer and bracelet. i know that the CGs look short but i've seen gens with equally short ones, albeit after years of use and polishing. it'll only be noticed by eagle eyed peeps like u guys.

Ok movement for a 5512, but wrong for a 5513 (should be 1520/1530), but I won't tell if you don't. ;)

Does the caseback fit without hindering the rotor's movement?

no not at all! but it is the weakest link in the whole watch. it is too thick and it does not sit properly when screwed down. it was letting water in even with a thicker o-ring. thankfully a genuine back fits! it has a display back on it now. :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Going a little of topic here but i need some help!

Can someone pleas post a link to the WSO 580 endlinks, i think i need a pair of them, thanks.

i know that the CGs look short but i've seen gens with equally short ones, albeit after years of use and polishing. it'll only be noticed by eagle eyed peeps like u guys.

I appreciate you saying this. I have pics that I grabbed from the bay of 5513s with 4 different looks of CGs, from long and pointy to short and semi-stubby. I don't think any are quite as stubby as the Josh case, but some are almost as stubby. I wear my modded 5513 every day with no worries.

Azgjav nice project, but l remember you are the owner of the most beautifull 5513 MBW Franken builts there are - on all of the boards.

I choose on of those anytime, no matter how budget the Josh case is.

Compliments to your watchmaking skills

Edited by Akira

Stunned!!!!

At first i did niot belive that you fitted a gen movement ect in such a cheep case but lit looks good!

How was the T19 fitting with the case and retaining ring, did it need any work?

Get a better pearl on there though that is quite off set,

But still stunning