When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

I can't comment on the technical stuff but Tom makes an important point. SQL has never scammed anyone here and nor did he run away. This is about actions elsewhere.

What exactly is the point about not scamming on RWG? Like it matters. Or is it ok to scam on any site except RWG?

Whole point of RWG is largly to prevent scam sites and scamming in general.

Sure another account is easily made. Another ip adress also easily obtained. Without prior communication with the board about a come back any account he would make will be outlawed.

However all this is not the point. Point is the admin team made a statement. Im am glad they took the time. Im pretty sure it was not an easy call to make.

Here's the thing about what SQL was doing. He's selling decent rep straps to guys on gen forums who really have no clue ast to what goes on in the rep world. I would guess that he could sell 25 straps before someone got wise to him. Then he just makes some BS excuse and quickly refunds their cash. He's done a good job of flying under the radar, but that just leads me too believe he was doing this a lot more than any of us suspect. To you guys that were (and still are) picking on Edge for bringing this to light, go f_ck yourselves. I don't care how long SQL has been here, how many friends he has, or how much he has contributed to this community, he a piece of $hit scammer. We do not need guys like that around her and we certainly don't need to be persecuting the guy that brought him to our attention. To the admin team I say "good job"! There was no need for a rush to judgment in this case as there was no immediate risk to our members. Better to get it right the first time.

What exactly is the point about not scamming on RWG? Like it matters. Or is it ok to scam on any site except RWG?

It is very much our responsibility to keep an eye on scammers. After all, it is US that are driving the rep makers to produce more accurate watches. If we do not police Ebay and other watch sales forums, who will? WE are the only ones that have the knowledge to spot and report these guys. Every time I see somebody get burned for thousands of dollars buying one of OUR reps, it makes me question our hobby a little bit.

It is very much our responsibility to keep an eye on scammers. After all, it is US that are driving the rep makers to produce more accurate watches. If we do not police Ebay and other watch sales forums, who will? WE are the only ones that have the knowledge to spot and report these guys. Every time I see somebody get burned for thousands of dollars buying one of OUR reps, it makes me question our hobby a little bit.

I am thinking about what your are implying andreww, I am totally against selling a rep as a gen like you are. When spotted it should not be tolerated, agreed. ban when needed. But we should not take the sins of the world upon or own shoulder..we are not responsible for others actions.....even if its Easter.

Sure another account is easily made. Another ip adress also easily obtained. Without prior communication with the board about a come back any account he would make will be outlawed.

However all this is not the point. Point is the admin team made a statement. Im am glad they took the time. Im pretty sure it was not an easy call to make.

Try to understand the context in which comments are made. What (Watchmeister and) I was saying is, that it is ridiculous for the drama queens to panic over whether or not SQL is able to make a new account. Why? Because no one here is in danger.

He got his punishment for what he might have done at some other place when his account of 6 years was banned and his reputation as "SQL" ruined. If he wants to make a new account with a new identity to lurk undercover on the board, so what? It wont have any effect on his decision of whether or not to (continue to?) sell fake straps on another site.

Here's the thing about what SQL was doing. He's selling decent rep straps to guys on gen forums who really have no clue ast to what goes on in the rep world. I would guess that he could sell 25 straps before someone got wise to him. Then he just makes some BS excuse and quickly refunds their cash. He's done a good job of flying under the radar, but that just leads me too believe he was doing this a lot more than any of us suspect. To you guys that were (and still are) picking on Edge for bringing this to light, go f_ck yourselves. I don't care how long SQL has been here, how many friends he has, or how much he has contributed to this community, he a piece of $hit scammer. We do not need guys like that around her and we certainly don't need to be persecuting the guy that brought him to our attention. To the admin team I say "good job"! There was no need for a rush to judgment in this case as there was no immediate risk to our members. Better to get it right the first time.

coolstorybro81jhb.gif

No one was picking on Edge for bringing this to the Admins attention. But the way he was doing it.. :bangin:

Posting private Information on SQLs company and addresses and stuff on the public board? Really?

And all those crap 3 year old stories how he was sent a rep strap that miraculously changed to he didn't get any strap at all but his money back.

And how he knows some Superboss of AP that told him that no strap leaves the factory without packaging and SQL sell the straps without any packaging which must be evidence that they must be fake..

Come on.. all that is only dilluting the facts and the truth. You know what happens when a witness in court acts like that? He becomes useless for being not trustworthy and the defendant walks. Good thing we aren't in court here..

Edited by Tom Hawkes

And all those crap 3 year old stories how he was sent a rep strap that miraculously changed to he didn't get any strap at all but his money back.

And how he knows some Superboss of AP that told him that no strap leaves the factory without packaging and SQL sell the straps without any packaging which must be evidence that they must be fake..

Come on.. all that is only dilluting the facts and the truth. You know what happens when a witness in court acts like that? He becomes useless for being not trustworthy and the defendant walks. Good thing we aren't in court here..

I think if you read from page 1 of this thread, Edge never stated that the strap ever arrived or that it was fake. SQL posted a quote from RG that stated that. Edge admitted that English isn't his first language and explained that he was simply trying to explain that the "gen" strap that he never received was likely a rep as it is 1 to 1 and is impossible to determine authenticity from a photo.

As for packaging, thats a valid concern. All the guys that I know that sell genuine Breitling parts are generally including the genuine packaging. That is how it comes from the manufacturer, and if it doesn't have that packaging neither party has any proof that the part is genuine.Heck, you could offer to sell me a dozen rep UPO straps at a good price. Could I just turn around and sell them as gen just because I took your word for it?

Edited by andreww

Andrew I will go on record that I am not happy that the amount of effort Edge put into getting SQL banned justifies any possible grievance he could have had with him.

Not only did he put in a heck of a lot of time consuming work (a lot of which is supposition) but he also complains on RG that we didn't move quick enough with the ban, even though our whole process from being made aware to ban was less than 48hrs.

You might not have a problem with that but to me it just doesn't sound normal.

This is of course my own opinion and not one that is endorsed by the Admin team.

Ken

Edge,

I have a simple question for you:

Though you are not the most active member on this board usualy, why is it that you spend so much time documenting on Sql_Pl suddenly ?

For the last 48 hours you must have done only that.

What is the real reason behind the hunt?

Cheers

Stephane

Because,he was doing the right thing. Read all this thread and had to respond to this one.

Alan (OS),great posts. Cheers to RWG for doing the right thing as well,in the end.

Dave.

What makes a good Admin team is guys that have the ability to see the big picture, I am proud of the team I'm in because they have shown time and again that they are willing to weigh up all the facts and come to an unbiased decision.

As a metaphor if a guy follows a pretty girl down a busy street and at the same time checks her out, that's normal.

If the same guy follows her home that's stalking, there is a definite line between what is and is not acceptable.

I ask two questions (1) Why did Edge not contact Admin teams the moment he had suspicions instead of wasting so much time conducting a private investigation? (2) How many innocent people lost money because of this delay?

I'm sorry but the information Edge has might be correct but the fact it was compiled before even raising a concern bothers me.

Ken

bringing this case to the the attention of the members and admin team is obviously very brave and courageous.

but it is very wrong your desire to have this ban done without the due process. Your attitude and arrogance on other forums about the way the admin team here have dealt with this case leaves a lot to be desired. just my thoughts

totally disagree with the BAN ....

never had a trade with SQL - but always enjoyed his posts here - what exactly did he wrong here ?

did he scammed any members here ? this is not an K222 situation.

my experience: as i did a loooot trades with members in all the forums i already expect the worst -

my last 2 watches i bought from members (okay RWI - not RWG ;) ) but expensive "modded" ones arrived as one watch completely different as advertised and one with defects -

sadly that's the standard nowadays - so to make it short : sorry SQL - will cert miss your posts !

cheers,

Frank

Star amongst other things we discussed the fact that he had never broken any rules here, however we do have a responsibility to our members when it comes to scamming.

As another team member stated within the Admin area in regards to his clean record here...

But one would hope that that kind of integrity would be something that is more of a personal trait, and not just a virtue that one could turn on/off like a light switch.

Pretty much sums up why he had to go.

Ken

Guest zeleni kukuruz
You know...I broke the speed limit on a road in Victoria last year, and the Queensland police took my licence off me!

Go figure.

O/S

How much did you speed over the limet?

You know...I broke the speed limit on a road in Victoria last year, and the Queensland police took my licence off me!

Go figure.

O/S

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

you tricked us

The admin team has spent the last 48+ hours looking into the information presented here publicly, and the detailed information given us privately. Some have criticized us for moving too slowly. Others have urged caution. These are all valid opinions and everyone has had a chance to speak their mind.

That being said, RWG is not a democracy. The admin team does not exist to patch wounded feelings or soothe the offended. We are here to maintain the integrity of this board. To do that well takes accurate information and time. It is far better to do something once, correctly, than to make a hurried move and attempt to fix it later. Deliberation and prudence produce wise decisions.

It is the team's decision that Sql_pl be banned from RWG. I have taken the necessary steps.

I will leave this thread open awhile longer so you can post your thoughts. Let's keep it civil.

Thanks for all the efforts that have been done by the mod team.

Going to miss his GF photos though :)

I agree 100%

Well, there is a thread over on RG, with lot of his GF pics pulled out - posted some time ago by none else but @edgematic. Probably he stumbled upon them while "investigating" :yu: ... just sayin'

Indeed! Now that is a true coincidence, I found those pics while surfing on photobucket. Didn't even knew they were of him! lol

No one was picking on Edge for bringing this to the Admins attention. But the way he was doing it.. :bangin:

1. Posting private Information on SQLs company and addresses and stuff on the public board? Really?

2. And how he knows some Superboss of AP that told him that no strap leaves the factory without packaging and SQL sell the straps without any packaging which must be evidence that they must be fake..

1. The private information was indirectly posted since my first post, posting a link to a sales thread with his e-mails inside. The e-mail added was just an extra to show that he told me he was the guy. But you're right, I should not have posted that. Anyhow, people were asking for some proof it was the same person.

2. I do know a high grade person at AP. Not living far away from me, even closer to our RWG crewmember Stephane.

Not only did he put in a heck of a lot of time consuming work (a lot of which is supposition) but he also complains on RG that we didn't move quick enough with the ban, even though our whole process from being made aware to ban was less than 48hrs.

I ask two questions (1) Why did Edge not contact Admin teams the moment he had suspicions instead of wasting so much time conducting a private investigation? (2) How many innocent people lost money because of this delay?

I'm sorry but the information Edge has might be correct but the fact it was compiled before even raising a concern bothers me.

Ken

I contacted 1 of the Mods on the 28th of March, a decision has been made on the 1st of March, to me that is not 48 hours, and I was dissapointed in this, yes. Anyhow, fact is that the team discussed it and came to a decision that they think is right. And I do understand that it is hard to make such a decision. Now, time frame does not matter anymore.

As for putting time in it, NO, I did not. It was just a matter of looking up his FS threads with the same title copying them in each forum's search engine. And checking out my e-mails etc.

Questions began to rise now and then with those ads I saw popping up, but since there were a lot of threads on RG with the title "gen or rep" I saw the same straps too often that more questions raised. I have informed the mods when I thought it had to be done, all forums were informed at the same time (rep forums that is). Since the mods on the other fora acted more rapidly it leaked out here and offshore started a thread, not me. I contacted the mods before a thread was made.

I had to be certain it was him since he has a huge background here as well, this thread says it all, look at how much members tought is was wrong with what I claimed?

Anyhow, the case is solved and that's all what matters. And he was a great member, this is a FACT.

Edited by edgematic1

is Sql-Pl still selling reps as gens on the bay? quote:

Fake strap auctions, let's take them all down

All are fake, links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audemars-Piguet-Diver-Strap-Buckle-4x-Plot-Links-2x-screws-fits-offshore-/120886994446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c256d 260e

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bg.auto/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320882564995

And for those wondering about the flaws on the diver straps, here you go:

• Rubber strap grooves do not complete half circle at the end of the strips
  • Rubber strap fonts too far centered (royal oak offshore font)
  • Rep buckle - shorter and thinner
  • Rep buckle - inside texture wrong as well on the tongue
  • Rep buckle - logo inside too large and too far right
  • Rep buckle - "Stainless Steel" should read "ACIER INOX"

the seller bg.auto is former member sql_pl now banned for selling fake straps on gen fora & ebay

Indeed Andy, but I'm still waiting for the gen strap pics. Anyhow, those are pics of a strap sold by sql_pl. Notice the grooves, how they end, this is one of the flaws. I also put a pic of the engravings on the buckle. Is wrong as well, as well as the buckle shape. The texture of the strap is wrong as well. All of the other flaws are already pointed out by me in this thread. I will update with a comparison once a gen strap is achieved.

Rep:

Foto4.jpg

Foto1-1.jpg

Gen:

diverstrap.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz
is Sql-Pl still selling reps as gens on the bay? quote:

Fake strap auctions, let's take them all down

All are fake, links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audemars-Piguet-Diver-Strap-Buckle-4x-Plot-Links-2x-screws-fits-offshore-/120886994446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c256d 260e

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bg.auto/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320882564995

And for those wondering about the flaws on the diver straps, here you go:

• Rubber strap grooves do not complete half circle at the end of the strips
  • Rubber strap fonts too far centered (royal oak offshore font)
  • Rep buckle - shorter and thinner
  • Rep buckle - inside texture wrong as well on the tongue
  • Rep buckle - logo inside too large and too far right
  • Rep buckle - "Stainless Steel" should read "ACIER INOX"

the seller bg.auto is former member sql_pl now banned for selling fake straps on gen fora & ebay

Hey, all this links you posted are taking me to another rep forum (rwi) cant you post the ebay links? Im not a member there and i will never be eighter.